Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #10
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Solid Snake Hates: Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Then apply somewhere else.

Some people just need to work, period. Beggers can't be choosers.

Besides, most of their employees are kids who need gas/cellphone cash, retired people looking for something to do in their free time or people who can barely speak English.

Retail stores are not meant to be careers nor should anyone expect benefits from them. In college, I worked in a nice hotel without ANY insurance or benefits beyond a discount and free coffee. I worked hard and made myself better and got what I wanted from an employer. If I lost my jobs and could only get a job temporaily at Walmart (hope this NEVER happens), I wouldn't be whining about benefits, I'd work to get myself out of there.

I have no issue with the store paying whatever they can or need to to get positions filled, it is how they keep the costs down. If the workers want better benefits, the company will have to take it out of their pay or get rid of some of them from the increased prices and lower revenue.
Hey, i'm not saying it's not their right. Walmart can pay whatever they want. I'm saying they have historically they don't treat their employees very well.

A pretty good article about Walmart. There's tons of them out there.

The Pulitzer Prizes | An Empire Built on Bargains Remakes the Working World

Again, it's w/n their rights...i just so happen to hate Walmart and the way they run their business.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote