Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #10
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Donovan McNabb: The New Face of The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
It will be interesting to see if this "Lovefest" for McNabb continues through the season.
Lovefest? This is practically a public riot. People think that just because we're trying to "win now" we're doing things the Vinny way. I think people had it set in their minds that we were going to be below .500 this year and now that it's clear that we're going to try to win people are uncomfortable because they immediately associate this with the old regime.

Yet at the same time people were begging for us to go O-Line first and with this trade we're practically guaranteed to get a franchise tackle, yet thats not good enough for some people, because they thought QB hungry people would accept simply drafting a Tony Pike or God forbid John Skelator. This is the compromise and it's a pretty damn good one if you ask me. Franchise tackle and QB in the same year.

This is a front office that has been proactive all the while displaying prudence and patience. I certainly don't agree with the Vinny comparisons though I do understand what would lead one to draw that conclusion.

And one more thing, Vinny would have basically thrown the bank at Peppers, Clifton, and Dansby. Drafted Clausen then traded for Gaither. Personally I don't mind the draft strategy but going after the first three free agents mentioned would have been overkill.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote