Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Please Define A "True Number One" Receiver

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Please Define A "True Number One" Receiver

With so much draft chat going on, I wanted to shift gears just a bit and discuss something more generic, yet relevant to where the 'Skins are headed this year.

I've found that in the heat of a game day thread we're all guilty of throwing around certain buzz words, but the definition may vary depending on which fellow Warpather you're actually talking to. For instance, the words "change of pace back" comes to mind and is often used when referring to the different running styles of two different running backs for the same team. Clinton Portis is pounding the rock, we bring in Betts or Rock for a few downs and like clockwork someone will say, Betts is a good change of pace back. Fine. No problem. Now this isn't a critique nor a criticism, just an observation.

So I want to get some consensus, at least around here, on what's considered a number one wide receiver. Now that Randel El is gone, the recent emergence of Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly and the likelihood that Santana Moss' role, at a minimum, will be changing there isn't a clear cut number one wide receiver on this roster in my opinion.

I understand the temptation is to say it's unequivocally Santana because, well, for a lot of reasons quite frankly. But I think it's helpful to get this out in the open and sort of say what it is and what it isn't.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote