Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #11
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

re: New Games on the Horizon (the video game thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
The game is absolutely trippy so far and at times really brutal to play just because of the nature of the story. It is probably just a single play through for me because I don't know if I could go through some of these situations multiple times.
Only cost me $24 for Heavy Rain. Gamestop had this crazy trade in fest (50% added on) and I ended up getting $36 for Silent Hill Shattered Memories (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 4, and COD 4. This was a month after they offered me like $5 for both MGS4 and COD4 combined. I was going to trade in my PS2 but this weird crack in the back on the AV slot stopped them from allowing me to trade it in. Just as well, I didn't really want to trade it in but I could do without it and I've been excited about Heavy Rain for a while now.

I'm currently saving up for Final Fantasy XIII. Hoping it's good but it seems to be getting mixed reviews. Either way only thing I really want is a game with a good story. After that I'll probably end up trading in Heavy Rain and FFXIII for Dead Rising 2 when it comes out in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post

What is Heavy Rain about? i like survival horror games...does it have any scary parts??
It's more of a thriller/murder mystery then a horror game but as suggested befor,e try the demo before you buy it, or better yet rent it. It's definitely a niche game but a nice departure from the traditional I have to shoot something or play a sport type game. One things for sure though the graphics are possibly the best ever seen in a video game, at least on a console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Sending Batman back today, Assassin's Creed 2 on the way
You'll like it. Very deep story and fun gameplay. Though there are some things they could have done better. Anyway great game overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
they should just allow you to use private chat in game. That way you can lock it down to the 2 or 3 people you know that you're playing with and not annoy anyone else with your conversation, or be annoyed by the attention starved prepubescent with turret's syndrome.
One of the worse things Microsoft did in my opinion was include a headset with every XBOX. PSN you still have douches but there fewer and farther between.

Also to XBOX owners if you turn on the family settings on your X-Box you can stop all voice chat. Everyone automatically gets muted. It really is a wonderful feature, I wish PS3 had that but instead I usually get releagated to plugging in my mic and leaving it on the floor with my mic set to mute so I can't be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
BTW- If you have Final Fantsay 7 for PS1 hanging around the house it is selling for a mint right now on eBay. I found my copy last night.
Lol, $5 or $10 on PSN and people are shelving out big bucks for it? Got to love collectors. I still have my disk but they're scratched to hell.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote