Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2009, 02:41 AM   #11
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

re: Haynesworth Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I've only broken down about two halves since the bye week, so I'm hardly an expert on the last seven games, but my take is that Carter and Orakpo are doing what they are doing independant of what Haynesworth is providing. I don't really see Haynesworth collapsing the pocket to help them.

What I frequently do see is a guy who is playing his gap, and winning his one on ones very consistently. I'm just a bit surprised that so many teams are going 1 v 1 on Haynesworth, and I'm very surprised he hasn't had a bigger impact.

With that said, his effect on a game is clear every time he takes the field. Haynesworth goes 100% on nearly every play, and I just wish he could stay healthy. I just don't think his effect on a game is being reflected in Orakpo's or Carter's numbers.

As to his salary: it's almost unheard of to be able to add an impact player without giving up a draft pick. A lot of Haynesworth's salary is simply the difference between a free-market acquisition, and an extension given to a player who we traded a high draft pick to get. It was worth it, but the potential downside is staying with the player too long because you owe him money.
I'm not sure man

I don't see Carter coming back this year and vanden bosch only having 3 sacks without AH being an influence on that.. tripp you have pretty numbers, but pretty numbers are often very analytical and don't have as much to do with the overall picture.. I get why some stats are come out with and how you follow the fballo's but there's a lot more to it

seeing the overall picture helps with that.. which I think that you do mostly well, but I think that maybe you put too much focus on these stats that matter to those that make them up, but won't be a part of major stats for awhile

honestly there's a gap to be bridged between them because they both matter, but they can be far extremes as well
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote