Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Lets say that we get Shanahan, according to Peter King (sometimes right/sometimes not right) he says that
• ANOTHER GREAT QUESTION. From Ben of Bowie, Md.: "Peter, I'm a Skins fan with no delusions -- Jim Zorn is getting the axe at the end of the season. But with the Skins playing competitive football, what do you think are the chances of other elements of the team staying intact? Greg Blache's defense and Jason Campbell come to mind.''

Well, I'll tell you this -- if Mike Shanahan gets the job, he's bringing Bob Slowik in as defensive coordinator, and I'm pretty sure he'll use a draft choice to pick and then develop his long-term quarterback. But I could see another coach, an offensive-minded coach, keeping Blache, who is an excellent coach with the strong backing of his men.

Campbell? Very good question. He's shown excellent progress in the last month. But my feeling is the 'Skins will move on from him. They have an itchy quarterback trigger finger. They wanted Jay Cutler. They wanted Mark Sanchez. With a good crop of your passers available come April, I think they'll want one of the young kids.

I was wondering who the hell this Bob Slowik guy is, and if he can keep our defense at the top in the NFL like we are with Blache, or is he a very conservative DC?
It'd be ironic if Slowik replaced Blache, since Blache replaced him in Chicago. But he is the favorite to join Shanahan wherever he goes. I don't know enough about his philosophy quite honestly