Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chris Cooley for a 1st and a 3rd -- would you do it?

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #11
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Chris Cooley for a 1st and a 3rd -- would you do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
What? are you crazy? have you not been over to the "Ganther/Rock" thread recently? It's so obvious Rock is the best thing we have as a RB right now. Everyone wants him. How on earth would you think he has no trade value?

I hate questions like these. If it's just one or just the other then yes I'm looking for youth. But I don't think Cooley's legs are done yet. I'd much rather see what this team looks like with 2 excellent TE vs. throwing one away with out even exploring how dangerous we could be with 2.

I'm all for "Rebuild". Get rid of the old and bring in the new. But are we going to see a true "Rebuild"? I'm betting we see more of the same. SSDD. Only under a new HC.

Plus if the team picks a LT in the 1st round and a RT in the second, the third is taken from the Jarmin supplement pick, As far as I'm concerned we can pick OL across the board. Ganther has turned out to be a nice RB. Most likely JC will be tendered the one year because of the CAP being gone. Basically we are set at QB, RB, WR, TE for atleast one more year. My only concern is getting another RB and QB for the future if JC doesn't stay. All the young defensive line players are starting to shine. The young CB's are starting to come into their own. We might need a FS and a true SAM or SLB. Wilson is looking good but maybe if the LB's we picked up last year don't pan out we will need to bring in some UFA's and take a look at them.
It's kind of funny how much we all like the young (and for the most part, drafted) talent on this team, yet we want to punch Vinny in mouth and throw him on the street.

I still can't stand the guy, and his mismanagement of contracts, coaching staff, and O-line has been pretty pathetic, he has made some good moves worth noting.

Makes me sick to say that, full disclosure.