Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Raiders)

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Raiders)

Well this game looked pretty ugly early on. But it ended beautifully. Nice to finally see the Redskins blow-out an opponent. Did you all see that stat today that the Redskins have been in the most games decided by 3 points or less since 2003? 40 games, record of 17-23.

Ganther continues to impress me. He can't really block much right now, but we might be spoiled because we have the best blocking back in the league in Clinton Portis. Still, I love the way Ganther hits the hole and fights for the extra yards. I hope we find a place on the roster for him next year.

I've been critical of Kareem Moore, but he made some very nice textbook tackles today. Nice to see both Moore and Tryon stepping...and I keep forgetting that we also have Chris Horton on the roster as well.

And finally, can't say enough about Lorenzo Alexander-making tackles on special teams, blocking on rushing touchdowns, getting a sack.

Ok, let's get to the smack down:

Offensive Line The Raiders defensive line is underrated but still Campbell bailed out his line all day. He got little to no help from them today. I couldn't tell exactly who was the main culprit (I'll have to go back and see), but it looked Rabach. Also, as mentioned above the pass blocking frum the running backs was suspect at best. By the way, I thought Campbell was sharp but I still want to see him succeed in more pressure situations.

LaRon Landry Nice forced fumble and key interception. Still he was getting targeted and abused by Gradkowski the whole first half. Landry benefited the most from Russell entering the game, since Russell has no sense of timing with anyone else in the offense it seems

Danny Smith I'm tired of putting ARE on my smack down list seemingly every week. So I'm putting it on the coach now. C'mon Danny, enough is enough. Get ARE off the field for punt returns already.

Referees Horrible calls on both sides. Against Davis on the celebration, and against Eugene on the interference with ARE.

Overall, nice to finally get a win after weeks of coming so close. Cerrato and the front office have given us some pieces to build with....still think there will be and should be changes in the coaching staff and front office though