Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #10
#56fanatic
The Starter

Re: Marty *****slaps Snyderrato

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Did you forget Gibbs? He had us in the playoffs in 2 of his 4 seasons and over .500

Marty's conservative play calling is what I disliked about him, he had Jimmy Raye as his OC and believe me here in SF were he is the current OC people can't stand his ultra conservative style, they should have beaten the Patriots in SD when they were 14-2 and lost because of his conservative play calling and that wasn't the only time in his career. Marty is the kind of coach that will break your heart by having a great season and choking in the playoffs (5-13 overall playoff record) to me that's unacceptable. You can call it bad luck or whatever, but 5-13 is what people always remember.

Record wise, I was referring to overall, which gibbs was not over 500. The two years were great we made the playoffs, but both years took unbelievable runs (5 straight, then 4 straight) to make it. Gibbs was a different coach 2nd time around and many argue (me) that while gibbs was more CEO of the team, these guys rallied behind Greg Williams and the championship caliber defense he put on the field week in and week out. I am not bashing gibbs so everyone dont get your panties in a bunch, and I loved him here. He brought back the family atmosphere, some accountablity, and left with the assumption that Williams was the guy in waiting, but we all know how that worked out.

Listen to this little tid bit, Norv Turner is about to be the all time winningest coach in SD Charger history. So two HUGE mistaked, again my opinion, was getting rid of Norv, then getting rid of Marty and rehiring Vinny.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote