Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #11
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Another month long search? How do you see that playing out? Let's assume the Colts and Saints make it to the SB? Is there an assistant you see Snyder waiting out like he did with Spags?
Well, there's a couple reasons I think it will take a while. First and foremost is Dallas. All of the HCs that Snyder would be interested in will want to wait and see whether or not Jones fires the pillsbury dough boy whenever the cowboys season ends. These coaches may not necessarily be interested in the job, but they'll atleast want to feign interest to leverage more money, power, etc. in their negotations with other teams. If Dallas somehow misses the playoffs and Wade is fired right after the season ends, then I can see things progressing much more quickly.

Secondly, due to a number of factors, I think its unlikely that Snyder will be able to secure any of his top choices to be our next coach. Given the recent performance of the 2008 draft class, the continued improvement Orakpo and Barnes, and the overall improvement of the offense since Sherman Lewis was brought in, I think Snyder keeps Cerrato around. And while this will upset most fans, Cerrato appears to have done a pretty good job running the show (atleast by the standards we're used to around here). With Cerrato arround, none of the premier guys will want to come here. Secondly, I really don't think this job is as attractive to many HCs as some of us fans would think. If there was any HC out there who would view washington as an ideal job, it was Jon Gruden. Knowing full well the job would become available, he signed an extension with ESPN. Shanahan's rebuffed Snyder several times, and despite all the reports, I just cant envision him here. I really think he ends up in Chicago with Cutler. Cowher would be my favorite to land the job, but I know i'm just dreaming there. He's coaching in Carolina or Cleaveland. By all reports, Holmgren just wants a front office job, and his comments about how the organization's treated Zorn make it apparent he's not coming here. So, with all of those guys essentially out of the picture (in my view), who's left? No one, really. If Jeff Fisher's fired in Tennessee, I could see Snyder bringing him in, but otherwise, i forsee a long, drawn-out coaching search, much like the one we had after Gibbs stepped down.

In the end, I think our head coach will be Gregg Williams, Jerry Gray, Charlie Weiss, Jim Fassel, Mooch, or a coordinator from one of the Superbowl teams.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote