Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Chicago loses Olympic bid....

Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
djnemo65
Playmaker

Re: Chicago loses Olympic bid....

OK, so the Weekly Standard office didn't erupt into cheers after the Rio decision was announced right? Rush Limbaugh didn't say something to the effect of it being the greatest day of his life? Look, if you don't like Obama fine, but I do have a problem with the effort to call into question his every motive as informed by a deeper nefariousness. He didn't decide to go until it was clear that Chicago was going to win to cash in on the popularity and feed his ego is the claim? Funny considering everyone involved with the process is saying that Chicago never had a chance. I know US intelligence isn't what it used to be, but still. What about Oprah? Was she just cashing in too? Isn't she already popular enough?

Isn't it possible that Obama was just doing what he thought his duty was as head of state? Lobbying for a clear boon for the country, as well as the city he is most recently from? I don't think people in Brazil are criticizing Lula for doing exactly the same thing, going and lobbying for his country - which he did, obviously, to great effect.

As for the Jesus-Obama line, Obama is in fact facing an insurrection amongst his base-supporters. While these people don't think he is a bad person per say, like Jim Corsi or Matt Drudge or Jsarno’s chain email letter writers or whatever else is being read here, they are strongly questioning his ability to govern, as am I. He is at a pivotal moment. His presidency is shaping up to be one of the defining disappointments of my adult life, right up there with the 06 Redskins and Star Wars The Phantom Menace. So, nobody thinks he's Jesus, that's a made up label to render irrational anyone who disagrees with the notion that he's the worst person and president of all time. Similar to the Jsarno argument: "since all smart people know Obama is a terrible president, is it possible for a smart person to think of anything he's done right?"

There's a large segment of the conservative moment that seeks to go beyond disagreeing with the man's policies and delegitimizing his entire presidency: arguing that he's a communist, a Kenyan, a Klingon, or merely a megalomaniac on an ego feeding rampage. Meanwhile they gain pleasure from anything that can be spun as a loss for him, including cheering when their own country loses out on the Olympics - which is, I maintain, an absolute disgrace.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote