Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The next four games may determine Zorn's fate.

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The next four games may determine Zorn's fate.

This is it. Trial by fire. After the next four games, I think Dan Snyder may decide whether or not to continue with Jim Zorn as HC of the Redskins.

At the start of the season, I started a thread where I stated my belief that the Redskins needed to start 4-2 to make the playoffs. That's because the early part of their schedule is as soft as the remainder of their schedule is hard. I still believe that.

Nevertheless, at that time, it never crossed my mind that Zorn might not make it past the Redskins' bye week as HC. Now I think that is a very real possibility.

At this point, it seems to me that its not just a matter of how many games out of the next four Zorn wins that may determine his fate but also which of those games he wins, the manner in which they are won, and the reaction of the fan base to those games.

Zorn might survive a 3-4 record at the break depending on how that record is achieved but I don't like his chances of surviving a 2-5 record.

One big problem Zorn has is that three of the next four games are at home. Yes, that's a problem. First of all, the Redskins don't seem to play any better at home than they do away, so being at home probably won't help them. Nevertheless, they'll be expected to perform well and win at home. Secondly, if the Redskins lose at home, or even play poorly and still win at home, they'll no doubt be showered with boos by the fans. The booing must be getting embarrassing for Dan Snyder and the rest of the organization and it might prompt DS to make a change.

Let me give you an example of what I mean when I say that which of the next four games Zorn wins could make a big difference in determining his fate. Let's assume that the Redskins lose at home to TB and lose at Carolina but then beat KC and Philly back-to-back at home. In that case, there would be a couple of terrible weeks to suffer through but, after that, if Zorn makes some changes and the Skins win the next two at home against KC and Philly, he might just survive.

On the other hand, even if Zorn beats TB and Carolina in the next two weeks, if he loses back-to back home games to KC and Philly, then it will appear that things have regressed and he could be gone at the break.

Right now, I think that Jim Zorn's career is in critical condition. It's touch and go and very complicated, but we'll probably be able to make a prognosis for his career at the Redskins' bye week. I hope he pulls through.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote