Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: 5 Things Jim Zorn Should Change Right Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
1. Zorn needs to get more creative in the run game. Wildcat, counters, traps draws
2. Blache needs to get more aggressive
3. Daniels would be on the bench and never see the field again
4. Move Orakpo to DE
5. I'd give JC a few more games but at some point he has to take some of the blame for an offense that can't score. And although his stats look good, he's missed some deep passes, he's held the ball too long and he not getting us in the end zone. He didn't play well yesterday even though the numbers don't reflect that. Maybe trying Collins isn't such a bad idea.
These are good points.

I don't entirely agree with your first solution because I think Zorn need to turn over the play-calling to his OC. Zorn spends the whole game with his nose in that list of plays he carries when he needs to have his head in the game.

I agree that Orakpo needs to be moved to DE. He's more valuable at that position.

Yes, Daniels is finished but what has Carter done to deserve a free pass? He plays next to a man who is double-teamed and he still can't get to the passer. Sit him, too.

Play Orakpo at RDE and Jarmon at LDE. Chris Wilson is supposed to be a SLB now, so let him play the position. If nothing else, those moves should provide improvement in the speed of our defense.

I also agree that Blache needs to call a more aggressive game. If he did, he might be able to cut down on the long drives we're allowing. The defense needs to find a way to get off the field, rest, and give the offense more possessions.

On offense, I think Zorn should give Marko Mitchell and Anthony Alridge a chance to play some. I don't have any idea on what to do with the OL.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote