Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Report: Wizards Trade for Randy Foye and Mike Miller

Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #13
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Re: Report: Wizards Trade for Randy Foye and Mike Miller

I like our trade, since none of the guys we lost were going to help much, although I'll miss Stewie's antics. Only Songaila provided anything last year, and a C/F with 20 min. per game has to average more than 2.9 rebounds per game. Period. Etan's contract, with its trade kicker, was weighing us down, so exchanging it for a year of Mike Miller is a nice move. I like Foye's upside and I think he's already as good as Deshawn was when healthy and a step above Young.

Given our imbalance with so many guards, we'll be making anohter move to pick up a defense-minded and rebounding PF/C. This was already necessary going against Dwight Howard in our Division, and even moreso now with Shaq in the East. My guess is we'll trade James (he still has one year on his contract, so we can't just cut him) and another player (hopefully Deshawn, although I could see us letting go of Young) for another PF/C, maybe throwing in our 2nd rounder as well. Ideally, I'd like to see us get Camby from the Clippers, who need to get rid of a big with Griffin coming in. I think Camby's still got another good year in him and he'd be a great player for McGee to learn from with their similar body types and the fact that Camby's consistently been from one of the best defender's in the league.

It turns out that we tried to include Deshawn in the Foye/Miller trade, but Minnesota wouldn't take him and insisted on Songaila.