Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #22
KLHJ2
Inactive

Re: do you speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
All I can say on the matter is that when I block someone from flying up the left lane at 90mph, their response is usually to tail me and flash their lights. Then they'll try to get around by passing on the right somehow, but it's rarely done in an out of control manner.

I think of road rage as simply being pissed off behind the wheel. It's something a passenger in the road-rager's car notices more than anything, the driver yelling, cursing, pounding the steering wheel, flashing the middle finger. I think this is very common for drivers when they get upset. What's not so common is taking it to the level where you're actually whipping between lanes and driving recklessly as a result of your anger.

In my experience, reckless drivers aren't doing it because someone set them off, they just whip in and out of lanes because they're assholes and that's how they drive.

I can't say I've seen a left-lane-block that's caused somebody to go from driving like Angry does (95 and "courteous") to driving like an insane maniac.
Don't get it twisted...I get mad as hell, but I can control my emotions rather than let them control me. I know that you cannot stay there forever it is only a matter of time before I can make a pass (without cutting somebody else off).

With that being said. I still do not weave in and out or anything. In fact I keep a 3 to 4 car distance from the car in front of me...always. Eventually, the car in front of me will either move to the right or create enough separation for me to pass him on the right without me looking like an idiot or road raged driver. Once the coast is clear I will gun it until I get plenty of separation. It usually takes less than 5 seconds. Then I will cruize between 70 and 80. Why anyone wants to be clustered in a "Wolfpack" is beyond me. Anyone who wants to create them is just creating a more dangerous driving environment for everyone else.

I have said before that I am impatient, which I am, I like to get where I am going in a speed that I am comfortable at. In no way however, would I risk lives over my impatience. If I have to slow down...I do. Nothing lasts forever though, that includes driving behind a slowpoke.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote