Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

do you speed?

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: do you speed?

#1 Who ever said blocking the lane purposely was mature? Not sure why that's an issue. It's basically my way of getting my way, which is as childish as can be. The thing you guys aren't getting is that I think it's the right thing to do, and don't give a shit if it seems childish. (In case you haven't noticed, I'm not the type who really cares what people think of me.)

#2 If you're cruising at 85, and everyone else is cruising at 80, then it's pretty safe and I have no problem. If you're cruising at 85 and everyone else is cruising at 70, then it's not safe, and that's when I start to blockade.

#3 Are we seriously making the argument that road rage is understandable when people blockade the left lane, just because insurance companies say it's the number one cause of road rage incidents? That's ass backwards. The conclusion that should be drawn from that is if you feel yourself getting enraged by someone blockading the left lane, you should realize the situation you're in and chill the eff out.

#4 I like my chances in a head to head, in-person confrontation at a rest stop over being on the road with some guy doing 95 while the rest of us are going 75. I'm a pretty sizable guy and was a NCAA D-1 varsity athlete. Most people when they see me would rather not get to the physical stage, so I've just gotten my point across firmly but with respect. Yet ready to take it to the next level if need be. I guess there's always the chance I run across a guy with a gun or something, but like I said, I think those odds are lower than the danger an extreme speedster amongst sane drivers poses.

#5 After all this, I should note that if you're on I95 doing 85 while everyone else is doing 80, I might shake my head and say what the eff's the hurry, but that's not going to set me off. What gets me are the extreme cases, and that's when I start effing with people. It doesn't happen all that often.