Thread Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #25
Jake2008
Special Teams

Re: Marcus Mason signed by the Jets off Ravens practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
It's nepotism in a NFL, not related sort of way.

While Mason is the younger guy with more upside, Alexander is the 4 week security blanket which whom both Stump and Zorn have known and coached his entire career. Mason has more potential for the future, but Alexander has more potential for the right this minute, which is what the coaching staff is looking for.

Granted, Alexander hasn't done much....I won't argue with that. However, I do believe Alexander's impact could be reach further than Mason's during this stretch without Ladell. I also think too that the Skins were excited about the potential a tandem like Portis and Alexander could very well be, if Alexander returns to MVP form. Not saying he will, but the case is there...
I agree with your theory, but I don't think we will ever know if SA would provide more impact then Mason. SA knows the offense, but I don't think that is a huge advantage for a running back.

I do think some people think of SA and the glory years and vision him playing like that again. We have done this many times with older superstars and so of all people we should know better by now. I think SA is an average back at best now and if Portis goes out neither him nor Mason could replace him and we would be in trouble. Mason just has the upside of youth and desire.