Other Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #11
itvnetop
Playmaker

re: Update: Wizards Keep Jamison, Arenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Good points. This could end up looking great for the Wizards and Arenas. With the Wizards showing their not "cheap" by offering the max and Arenas showing he's not greedy by "settling" for less and then freeing them up to make some other moves. Posey maybe? Or it could totally blow up in their face.

Either way. The Wizards biggest problem is that how they're building the team around the big 3. First and foremost has been their apparent refusal to get a point guard. A true point guard than can lead the offense. They should have kept Steve Blake in my opinion. But even still, I don't know that I'll ever understand taking Pecherov when guys like Rondo, Rodriguez, Williams, and Lowry were still there.

I'm biased but I think they should give Arroyo a look.

Let me ask you this, do you take an "Eramus James" on Shaun Livingston?
I can only hope your first paragraph comes true. Knowing the quirkiness of Gil, they probably offered him the max hoping it was just a sign of gratitude that he would kindly reject. Seeing these vets take less to win a ring seems to rub off on some of the opting out lately and we can only hope Gil sees the same thing.

I totally agree with you re: Blake. He was solid for Portland last season- excellent A:TO ratio and that's all you can really ask for in a PG. Arroyo ain't a bad option. The names you listed that we passed on for OPEC make me wince.

I loved Livingston out of high school- thought he'd change the game at his position. If we're offering Erasmus James money, I'd take a flyer... but that last knee injury looked career-ending.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote