Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Vince Young overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I think that's a very reasonable guess.

There's a lot of conflicting evidence on Young to whether he will be great or not, but I'll admit it's hard to not be impressed with his intangibles thus far. Of course, intangibles don't get you anywhere if you can't throw the football, but they do tend to be telling of a guy's future success.

For now, let's just say I'm far more confident Campbell will be great than I am that Young will ever be great.
You have been making compelling arguements and are on the money with a lot of the comments.
I would like to know this, has there ever been a QB that flat out sucked his first 3 quarters and played well in the 4th before? If so who? Young's career rating is in the toilet, which means his ratings for the first 3 quarters is beyond terrible since his 4th quarter is so high. To me, it's a sign he will fall in the 4th in the future, not all of sudden do well through the rest of the game. His stats are too overwhelmingly bad to suggest otherwise. So I ask, are there any QB's that have mirrored this? Or are we in uncharted territories with Young?

About Campbell...you are DEAD on! I have a lot of confidence in Campbell. He has a strong arm, good mechanics, good release, shows spurts of great accuracy and nice touch, and he has the ability to run if need be, and he has the head for the game. He has it all if you ask me, he just needs more time under center. I already feel Campbell is better than Young.