Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

SBF Is On "Vacation"

Thread Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

SBF Is On "Vacation"

Normally we don't announce when we have banned someone, but I thought this one merited some explanation.

Look, we discussed with SBF several times behind close doors not to air his complaints in public like that, and that we couldn't have a different set of rules for him. Yet time after time he wanted things only his way. Personally, I don't care if he calls me a jerk all day. But as a mod, I have to see to it that he's not doing that to everyone else. Because others here may be bothered by him (and I know a lot are) but are reluctant to do anything because they're not moderators.

With all that in mind, we've given SBF a two week ban from the site. Because the rules are the same for everyone. He was given repeated warnings about publicly calling us jerks and Nazis for the past year but scoffed at every warning. If we let him get away with it, we might as well let everyone and it would make for a terrible site. Clearly, SBF is more sensitive than others and can give but won't take and truthfully that's just not going to work on this, or any, site. No one said mean things to him ever, yet he did to us and expected apologies from each of us. It's up to each of you, but I personally don't believe any of us owe him any apology of any sort

So anyhow, just wanted to explain to the entire Warpath community what has gone down and why the Front Office made its decision. Really, if any of you ever has a problem with any of the mods or another member or anything on the site, always PM one of us and let's handle it internally first.

That is all, if any other moderators want to chime in please do so.