Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2024, 07:47 AM   #11
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Commanders 2024 Free Agency Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
I have always been in the camp that wants to hang on to Sam Howell. The 2nd pick could very well bust and he would be a good safety net. I do agree that he may top out at Baker Mayfield but you can do a lot worse until you find your guy.

I also really like the Dalton Schultz and center ideas. I won't pretend to know a lot about Connor Williams but they need a good vet center badly. I was sorry to learn that the FA market for OG looks like a lot of JAGs, I was hoping we could find a solid starter as guards in free agency are pretty cheap.
I suspect we'll only have 3 or 4 current OL still on the roster come camp, and only Cosmi starting. I would use the draft to load up on the interior and T as much as possible, but I doubt we get more than 2 or 3 starters. I agree with pursuing a vet C, but we need to also look at T in FA. There are some candidates. Likewise, a vet and a rookie TE make 100% sense. This is where I wished Howell was the man; we could turn that #2 into a bunch of very useful picks.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote