Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2023, 07:10 AM   #11
calia
Playmaker

Re: Commanders v. Dallas Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
My honest opinion is this applies to the whole roster in varying degrees. They all realise the coaching staff is toast, including EB. And I think to a man they've given up. I think Howell is the possible exception, though I suspect in his case, his bad games are happening because he feels he has to force it as everyone else around him has all but given up.

Now you may say they're professionals and should still play, but anyone who's been in a badly managed job knows that eventually it'll wear you down, and some of these guys have been in that situation for years. Many were probably hoping for changes last offseason and saw this season as a slow death of the RR era. Notably, I think the departure of Harris had a very detrimental effect on the secondary.

I can't help feeling that with a new FO regime and much better coaches, a lot of the players being criticised will see a resurgence. We still need holes filled, particularly at OL and LB, but I don't think this roster is nearly as bad as it's being made out to be.

Maybe, but a lot of guys will need to have a resurgence next year - it isn’t just a few. I think it’s a combo of some non-NFL level talent (much of our OL, LBs, and secondary) and some good or even great players badly underachieving. But it’s hard to point to anyone playing well consistently right now.

Part of me hopes RR gets canned today as it can’t get worse and it will signal to the players that change is coming. Maybe that second group will show some life before season’s end.

I see RR refused to answer the question of how the players can expect a different result if things don’t change. Seriously, that’s pathetic - it’s a fair question and he owes everyone a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk