Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2022, 02:15 PM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
But as Miller notes, it was not just during the early months of the pandemic that officials said masks were ineffective. They had said so for years, and Fauci had advised against masks not just in public statements but in private emails in early 2020.

^^ from the article

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you

^^ this is the actual email (assuming author is referring to this feb '20 email). Pretty clear Dr. Fauci did not say masks are ineffective like the author blanket states.

Me personally ... i think they should have said from day 1 that only N95 or similar masks are truly effective and that the clothe masks are only good for spittle or droplets. I understand the logic being the "noble lie" but it did more harm than good. People think these clothe masks being made in grandmas basement = mask.

But Trump wanted to downplay or temper any panic so he scuttled the idea of sending every american family N95s ...

N95s should have been given to everyone free of charge day 1.

I was in harris Teeter 2 days ago and they just box after box, thousands of N95 masks for free. I could have taken 100 if I wanted. This should have been the scene from day 1.
From day 1, they didn't have it on day 1 . Many of these articles are what I call Monday Morning QB shit. Great to be right 2 years after the fact. As for schools and kids ,everyone knew it would have a negative impact on the kids but as is the case now ,no one cared about what happen to the Teachers as did no one care about the people working in the Super Markets . No one knew exactly how to handle a pandemic. Masks did help believe or don't but they did.