D 0 0%
F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2020, 11:03 AM   #29
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Perspective maybe? No coach coming in here, after BA's reign in particular, was going to turn the team around in one offseason. My expectation was it would be as bad as last year (or worse) before it got better. And it is.

In Ron's defence, he may well have sat there after Haskins half time speech and the 2nd half of the Eagles game and said to himself "Well Dwayne might not be so bad after all. Lets give him a couple more games and see if he can translate that half time and 2nd half into something sustainable." Well no he couldn't, its almost like Haskins said "that's my contribution for this year, its up to everyone else to step up now.". So Ron's left thinking that he has to rebuild from the ground up, but after 4 weeks the East is wide open so why not a least show the semblance of effort to succeed. If it all goes to pot, he's no worse off than the start of the season when there were no expectations.

We're not gong to be able to say if RR is a success this year. Year 2 tells us if his rebuilding plan is headed in the right direction (right players, right culture on training field and in games etc.) then year 3 if the results start to show.

I will say he needs to get a GM in place soon though. Can't help thinking trying to juggle everything AND cancer is too much for him.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...are-not-great/
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote