1st Presidential Debate Thread

Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2020, 06:03 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: 1st Presidential Debate Thread

Summary:

Chico, how do you measure what winning the debate is? Is it not letting your opponent ever talk cleanly without interrupting? Is it measured in the # of votes gained? Because if it's the former, he definitely won. If it's the latter, it's etiher a wash or a loss.

Agree with Baltimoreskins - this is the best we have in 2020? Biden is old AF, and takes too long to gather his thoughts into coherent sentences. Somebody 30 years younger would've wiped the floor with Trump's nonstop talking ass. This truly is a vote for a lesser evil. I really don't expect Biden to do anything to shake up the system if he wins. It will just be a return to "normalcy" or as much normal as it can get in this COVID world.

The one point Biden made that I agreed with was calling for police and minorities to come together to work out their issues. I think both sides have legit concerns that need to be acknowledged. And Trump's failure to fully denounce racism and his racist supporters like white supremacists/Proud Boys/etc. is not going to win him any new supporters.

I don't even know that they will agree to another debate because Trump clearly has no intention of letting anyone talk without interjecting.