Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2020, 01:17 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Supreme Court vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
As I have said a few times now, I wish the republicans had chosen a different way. But I do want to address one thing.
Would it be a bad thing for SC justices to be held up until after the next national election. (This is reacting to your point that going forward no confirmation will happen when the senate and peesident are of different parties). Especially when the country is as divided as it is. If that means that the court spends a term as an 8 judge panel so be it. I don't want to see SC justices elected on a ballot, but this is almost like you are creating republic style justice nominations instead of lifetime appointment by the ruling class.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I thought 2016 was setting the precedent that the American people would pick the next Supreme Court justice in an election year? If the Senate burns us on this there is no decorum, no precedent anymore. Anything goes that doesn't have a law explicitly barring it. Any grey area is grounds for sheisty interpretation. If they go forward with this the right will never again receive any benefit of the doubt.

Your party will say or do anything to advance the party agenda. It's the latest example of putting the party over the public interest. This time it's unforgiveable though.