Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #11
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: U.S. Vacation Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Matty, Upper NY Connect, what can you tell me about the Catskills Mountains? Im looking at visiting fam in Connecticut and might swing over to them on the way back around mid October. Anybody else can chime in...tip and tricks appreciated
Hi guys, the Catskills very little but I do hit the Berkshire's . In October should be very nice. Leaf peepers are at their peek on Columbus day weekend up there so expect it to be busy if that is when you're up there.
Depending on where in Conn you are it shouldn't be far to get to . Great Barrington,Stockbridge ,Lenox ,Lee all great little spots. All of them along Rt 7/ Rt 20 Some good craft beer up there.

Chico pretty sure you would love this place.........

http://www.barringtonbrewery.net/

If you're going up and take the NY State Thruway "Woodstock" ...yes that one, is a pretty cool little town.

I use to spend summers in Lenox as a kid which is how I got to know the area. We usually stay in Stockbridge at the Redlion Inn , it's pricey specially during leaf peeper time but the Mrs loves it and it's a treat to ourselves, it's all so Norman Rockwell's home ,the Museum is there ,very cool.