Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Real Classic Rock Music Back In Mainstream?

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
metalskins
The Starter

Real Classic Rock Music Back In Mainstream?

Don't know how many of you guys are rock and roll fans, but I'm psyched that there is finally a good, young, band that is attempting to bring back good, classic rock back to the mainstream. The band is Greta Van Fleet and this is their hit song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

They have a Led Zeppelin vibe to them, which is fine by me. I'm a guy in my early 40's, but I still like to rock. I have to admit, I miss the days of being able to listen to top 40 and hear some rock music on these stations. When I was a teenager, I would listen to the radio nonstop. I know terrestrial radio is kind of an after thought for a lot of people in this day and age, but even still, it seems to be the litmus test for seeing how popular a musical artist is going to be. This band is getting radio airplay as well - which is fantastic. To have them bring back classic rock to top 40 would be awesome! And here I was, thinking that I had finally reached the age where I could no longer relate to new music, because it was no longer music that I listen to. I don't think I can ever grow too old to appreciate good rock music, and this is some of the best classic rock music (new music) that I have heard in a very long time!