Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Working Out In Your 40's

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
metalskins
The Starter

Working Out In Your 40's

So, they say the body you build in your 30's is the body you'll have in your 40's and beyond. Those suckers lied! I did P90X in my mid 30's, got absolutely ripped, and then got married, had a kid, and got fat! Not necessarily all in that order.

So now, I'm 43 years old, and I'm once again heading back to the P90X. Started a few days ago. I have to say, my arms are so sore that I can't hardly straighten them out, but man, I can already tell some definition coming back. Last time I did P90X, I lost about 25 pounds. Like I said, this was back in my mid-30's. I remember when I did P90X, I wasn't necessarily following their diet plan. I would try to eat somewhat healthy during the week, but I remember eating a lot of Lean Cuisine meals, Campbell's soup, and drinking a lot of diet Mt. Dew, lol! I do remember not drinking as much water as I should. But still, I ate a lot of processed, boxed food and canned veggies and soups. Not the healthiest diet.

This time around, I have ditched the soft drinks. I usually drink water with the occasional sweet tea. My wife won't buy me any boxed meals anymore (even though she hardly ever cooks), and she thinks the soups have too much sodium in them. So, I'm trying to eat more broiled and grilled chicken. As far as the workouts, I am trying to work myself back into them a bit slower. I have definitely noticed a lot more aches and pains with this 43 year old body trying to do a boot camp-like workout, but I'm already hooked on it again. As long as my wife and kid allows me to stick with it, I should be in great shape by the time I go to my annual beer festival in July, LOL!