Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

What would it take?

Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

What would it take?

The recount thread has become less about the recounts since it's over. So how about a new question. For those who are anti-Trump, what would it take - or what would you need to see in the first 180 days to bring you to his side. Obviously some parts of his agenda will never be supported by democrats, but what could happen that would make his presidency more palatable then the last 4 years of Bush.

For the Trumpeters, what would it take, or what could he do in the 180 days to shake your faith, and specifically, what legislation could be passed or not passed that would make you buy in to the Trump's a charlatan argument.

My big 3 -
1) failing to repeal the Affordable Care Act - while a replace option at some point could be added, the repeal is the higher priority to me. For my family, I would be content going back to the health care of the past, at least I could afford that. (selfish bastard that I am that I want to be able to cover myself and my kids first).

2) making a unjustified deal with Russia. I don't think we should be Ukraine's protector, but we definitely should be committed to NATO. Any deal that trades any NATO member's security for Russian cooperation would break my faith in him.

3) a lack of efforts that specifically target improving the life of urban US cities. Both parties ignore the real needs of these populations, the democrats take them for granted, and republicans see them as unswerving opponents. I want to see Trump move beyond that dilemna.

the least important thing that Trump promised - the wall. If it's built fine, if not, make immigration attainable, deport criminals here illegally and call it a job well done.

What are your big 3?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote