Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #10
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I feel like my current problems pale in comparison to the ones listed above, but I need to rant so here goes anyways. Couple weeks ago my desktop at home started having random power surges out of nowhere, after the 6th one (which happened right after I tried to log in) I finally decided to do something about it. Bad choice. Obv the smart move would be diagnosing after the first. I figured since the electricity at home was fine the power supply was just crapping out after 3 years, so I decided to upgrade and replace it. Took it out (Corsair 600 watt) and replaced it with a semi modular Corsair 750 watt. Try to start it up and nothing happens. After having multiple second opinions and seeking help online it seems my motherboard has crapped out, so I have to replace that. Well my old one is 3 years old and my CPU which has the LGA 1155 chipset isn't compatible with the majority of new motherboards which run LGA 1150 or the newer LGA 1151, so now I need to get a new processor to go with it. And most of the new motherboards only support DDR4 instead my old DDR3 ram, so need to get new RAM as well. Now I could go the cheap route on all this because I'm actually in transition between jobs atm and need to save, but I know I would just be postponing the inevitable because I do some amateur photography in my spare time and need a pc that can support the habit. I know this is a first world problem but the timing is terrible.

Computer problems are a bitch. I agree its not a life or death issue, but it can really screw with your day to day. I just had some issues and after weeks I think I am finally back to normal again. Good luck!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote