Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The "I Can't Deal With This Right Now" Thread

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

The "I Can't Deal With This Right Now" Thread

This might be closely related to the bad news thread, but I figured we needed a thread that deals specifically with those "Not now" type of things that always seem to happen at the wrong time (not that there is ever a right time!) So, here's mine:

So I just had my 40th birthday. Prior to my birthday, my wife had given me a choice of a big birthday party, or a big gift. Well, of course I chose the gift. Now, the gift was going to be a brand new riding lawn mower, because the one my dad gave to me is about 30 years old and it doesn't work. I have a lot of grass to mow, and push mowing it is killer! But, I digress.....

She also knew that I had wanted a Playstation 4. Now as you guys know from one of my other threads, the PS4 she surprised me with came bricked, so we sent it back.

OK, well, over the weekend, we discovered that a hole that was in our front yard turned out to be at least 20+ feet deep! Apparently, the well used to be there and was moved, but the hole was never filled in. I knew the hole was there, but it never seemed that deep and wasn't a very big hole. Well, apparently, the hole is growing and this past weekend was the first time we were able to tell just how deep the hole really is!

Secondly, my friend who's renting my house in VA informs me last night that he has no water. I got him to check the breaker, check the facet outside, seeing if there were any leaks. He couldn't find anything and the breaker was not tripped. So, either the well has went dry, or the pump has failed on it - which by the way, the pump at the well was replaced five years ago.

Sooooooo.....how does all of that tie in? Well, the money that was going to be used for the Playstation will have to be used to fix the growing hole in our front yard. It's a priority, because when my son gets his feet under him, he could fall into that hole! Secondly, if the job at my rental house turns out to be what I am thinking it is, then that's going to wipe out the money we were going to use to get the new law mower.

So, to sum up, Skinsguy winds up getting no big birthday party and no big present for his 40th! Yes, I'm pouting a little bit!