Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

need medical advice

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

need medical advice

Hey folks - i need some medical advice / suggestions and not sure where to go first. Lots of folks on here are knowledgeable about sports medicine and medicine in general.

For about the past two weeks or so, i have noticed that my muscles grow tired and weak by evening time - what i mean is I wake up feeling fine, but by the end of the day, my hands ache like i've been doing hard manual labor all day, and my muscles are sort of achy / tender like i just got done working out. I also seem to always stay tired, even after sleeping for 8 - 10 hours at night. My wife also pointed out that my voice starts to grow hoarse by afternoon time

As a side note - I am training for the Apple Blossom 10K run that is in 5 weeks from now, and i thought at first, i was over-doing it, leading to my symptoms. I pretty much came off the couch last month and was able to do 3 miles with no issues. The last two weeks i have struggled to do a mile and a half. My wind feels fine, but i just feel so tired, and my muscles just cry out like i just ran 10 miles. I took a week off from running, weights, etc... and noticed no improvement. I am an experienced runner, and i know how to stay in shape, etc.. so i do not feel like i am training badly or over-doing it.

I am concerned and don't know if this is just a part of getting older (I turned 30 last september), or should i maybe see the doctor. I am concerned mostly about the hoarseness and the speed at which all of these aches, especially in my hands, came about. It really feels like it came out of nowhere... Thank you my warpath friends. You've never lead me wrong so far