Debating with the enemy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Sometimes, I think the warnings are just an additional psychological warfare.
A) it reinforces the fact that the Palestinians can't stop it, which is humiliating and degrading
B) it rarely affords enough time for true evacuations, so you have x number of minutes waiting whether or not the bombs will come. For example they demolished a 12 story building a few weeks ago with 15 minute warning. I am sure that the Palestinians had plenty of time from that to have an orderly and systematic exit from their residence. Heck, I evacuate all my belongings in 10minutes every other Saturday - just for fun [/sarc]

I mean imagine a burglar so confident that he was untouchable that he tells you he is going to come in, take all your money and kill your wife in 20 minutes. You would do everything you could to make sure he couldn't. But suppose he had done it to every other house in your neighborhood, and never been stopped, or arrested. Then maybe you just feel terror that it's happening to you this time. And maybe if a group of people tell you, we can't stop the burglar but we could hurt his family, or his community, maybe you don't consider it as wrong to support that group as an outside viewer might. Maybe you just want vengeance and outsiders that don't even share your basic life views can piss in the wind.
Maybe.
Lol. Nice spin, that warnings are bad. You should start a political career.

Sure, the Israelis should give a week's notice. Give plenty of time for Palestinians to call U Haul, arrange to turn off the utilities, etc. It's not like this is a shooting war or anything.

Oh, wait, the Palestinians' own government has recommended they ignore the warnings.

So, what do you recommend the Israelis do? Bear in mind everything done already in the past.

Your analogy is flawed. The homeowner in your example has pledged death to a group of people worshiping a different god than him. And has fired wildly at said people across the street. But sure, it's the people across the street that are bad for not giving enough warning, before firing back. Right?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote