Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Who knew back-in parking v. front-in parking was such the social divider. Just keep it civil guys!
I'm all about backing in. The issue for me is this:

Backing in (I've been doing it consistently for the past 5 years): Since it's all memory repetition at this point, it takes minimal holdup, if any at all. And getting out is a breeze, all I have to do is wait until I see an opportunity and then I'm out.

Pulling in: Sure it's slightly easier, but then when I'm trying to leave (esp. in Wegman's day-or-night jam packed parking lot, it goes like this:

Try to back out, have to stop for family/kid running around parking lot/old people/walking slow because they are being chatty on the cell people/tired people slowly pushing their big ass grocery cart people/tngaf (teens not giving a ****)/dickhead driver treating the parking lot like his/her personal speedway (a lot of those at wegmans)/insert other personal scenario here.

Just today I watched a chick on her cell drive around a car loading groceries, gas it through the stop sign posted in the middle of the road in front of Wegmans, and then give all the people heading in/out disgusted looks like they were the ones doing something wrong.

Not giving a **** is at an all-time high, every day I see someone do a stupid driving maneuver. I just saw a lady put her car in reverse and back up about ten feet to see if she could get in the turn lane, before she saw the traffic pulling up and blocking her in, all because she needed to turn but didn't recognize the road we were at. Is going 1 block and making a right turn there really going to ruin her day? Probably not but when you don't know where you're at and you're driving, people get super desperate. Like "make a hard right from the left hand lane on the highway across 4 lanes of traffic to make your exit just before the jersey barrier starts" desperate.

TL;DR: If I have to make a minor inconvenience to someone in a parking lot while I back in, so be it.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote