Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Zombie Apocalypse: What's Your Plan?

Parking Lot

Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Zombie Apocalypse: What's Your Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Not trying to stir up panic or cause a ruckus or anything, but on the CDC's website they strongly deny the rumors of "zombie" attacks.

I'm not saying i'm 100% in belief that a cannibalistic outbreak of somekind has occured, but seeing all these incidents pop up around the country definatley has my attention.

the 1st basic thing to realize in any zombie related video game, book, etc.., is that the government will officially deny any activities until it is too late and they have a full-scale epidemic.

But what is no joke is people are rushing out to buy food and supplies in Miami. One of the articles about the "miami zombie" describes how people began stocking up on food and guns. Again this is no joke.

'Miami Zombie Attack' Fallout Continues As Stockpilers Buy Guns & Businesses Respond - International Business Times

Maybe the best article on it i've read to date.

I'm going to pay close attention to the news. I'm not going into full scale apocalypse mode but me and a few buddies at work believe that something *could* be at work here, just not sure what...

If you are, dear god help humanity..lol
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #47
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

It's probably not really a zombie outbreak, but more along the lines of a terrible and horrifying coincidence where towns across america are having incidents where random people are thrown into random acts of mindless cannabalism....

And I know that sounds sarcastic but i'm not trying for it to be that way. If it really is drugs for all of the weird incidents, then those are some scary drugs...
Old 06-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #48
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It's probably not really a zombie outbreak,
Probably not? Zombies are fictional. No two ways about it. With no O2 to the brain, the cells will die off in very short time period. No brain, no motor controls.

Sorry to say, but it's not possible.

This makes me SMH.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 06-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #49
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Probably not? Zombies are fictional. No two ways about it. With no O2 to the brain, the cells will die off in very short time period. No brain, no motor controls.

Sorry to say, but it's not possible.

This makes me SMH.
I'm not saying it's possible, but just to play Devil's Advocate for SolidSnake, what if it was more of a "28 Days Later" type situation? Not living dead zombies, but some type of weird infection or biological change that makes living people go completely ape-shit. Maybe bath salts are just the catalyst?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #50
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Not trying to stir up panic or cause a ruckus or anything, but on the CDC's website they strongly deny the rumors of "zombie" attacks.

I'm not saying i'm 100% in belief that a cannibalistic outbreak of somekind has occured, but seeing all these incidents pop up around the country definatley has my attention.

the 1st basic thing to realize in any zombie related video game, book, etc.., is that the government will officially deny any activities until it is too late and they have a full-scale epidemic.

But what is no joke is people are rushing out to buy food and supplies in Miami. One of the articles about the "miami zombie" describes how people began stocking up on food and guns. Again this is no joke.

'Miami Zombie Attack' Fallout Continues As Stockpilers Buy Guns & Businesses Respond - International Business Times

Maybe the best article on it i've read to date.

I'm going to pay close attention to the news. I'm not going into full scale apocalypse mode but me and a few buddies at work believe that something *could* be at work here, just not sure what...

Hilarious post of the year? Good thing you're not serious.

Oh wait, you actually are serious?

*Turns around, walks carefully in slow-mo out of the room as if trying not to disturb anything*

wow. lol.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #51
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'm not saying it's possible, but just to play Devil's Advocate for SolidSnake, what if it was more of a "28 Days Later" type situation? Not living dead zombies, but some type of weird infection or biological change that makes living people go completely ape-shit. Maybe bath salts are just the catalyst?
"Zombie Virus" Possible via Rabies-Flu Hybrid?

A good article on what you may be describing.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-02-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #52
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Old 06-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #53
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Bunch of mushrooms growing on the side of our yard. Are they poisonous? Maybe, but whatever, I ate them.

Laugh all you want, but the first thing to realize in any video game is that eating mushrooms make you double (perhaps even triple in size), making it much easier to deal with pesky turtles.

And the government will deny that you can get to level 8 without passing through levels through 3-7, but don't be fooled there's a way
Old 06-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #54
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Unhappy Re: Zombie Apocalypse: What's Your Plan?

Quote:

I was pretty much being my normal sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek self, but not you have me scared poopless. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #55
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:

Basically I Am Legend come to fruition. Everyone remember how that ended.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #56
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Basically I Am Legend come to fruition. Everyone remember how that ended.
With Rabies, the person would die soon and they wouldn't be around as long as those guys in I am Legend. With animals, they generally die within 7 days of becoming sick. Also, rabies affects people and animals differently so not all of them will be raving mad people.

I shudder to think of the stuff that could be made by man, and the type of destruction it could wreak on humans.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-03-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #57
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Here is a easy way to get shot. He almost did at the 1:50 min mark. Mind you, this was done after all this "zombie" stuff has gone down and in Florida at that.

Last edited by NC_Skins; 06-03-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #58
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Here is a easy way to get shot. He almost did at the 2 min mark. Mind you, this was done after all this "zombie" stuff has gone down and in Florida at that.

That was awesome
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #59
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinMike View Post
That was awesome
I must have been absent the day awesome was redefined to mean stupid beyond belief.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #60
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I must have been absent the day awesome was redefined to mean stupid beyond belief.
I have to agree with this. Had the dude been shot and killed, he would have been a great candidate for the Darwin award this year. It's akin to me putting on a meat suit and running through a lion's den for a few lulz. Mind you, had he been shot and killed, nobody would have prosecuted either considering the circumstances that had previously happened. I'm quite sure he took a ass kicking at the end though.