Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Perspective

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
skinsfan242
Special Teams

Perspective

I admit I was real mad yesterday and still don't know how we lost. We should have never let them come back like that.

The more I think about it though we should have been able to score from the one with three plays. There wasn't anything wrong with the calls just the execution like Gibbs said. You need to be able to get a yard in 3 chances. No matter what happened someone is going to be mad we didn't score, if we did score then everyone would be saying great call.

The team is 2-1 and plays with alot of fight. They got in a funk for a quarter and half that cost them a win, but they fought back made plays on Defense and Offense when they needed to. Last year the Giants would have not only ran out the clock but scored a TD on us when we needed a three and out.

I know 3-0 is alot better than 2-1, but this is the NFL you don't win every game. It is time to get some rest and come out strong against the Lions.

One final point, I know I said the play calls were fine, but I would really like to see a bootleg on the goal line, just once in a clutch situation, if Peyton can run it in I'm sure Campbell has the wheels to do it.
skinsfan242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Perspective

I think this just goes to show how short a football game really is. 60 minutes is over in a snap. Whoever has more points at the end wins, not the best team.

Come out strong against Detroit I guess.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
#56fanatic
The Starter

I dont understand not using the 280lb+ FB we have that runs over people like they are cardboard cut outs. Instead we have our RB's running 15 yards sideways to get 1 yard.

Execution yes maybe, but i also can lean to bad play calling.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I dont understand not using the 280lb+ FB we have that runs over people like they are cardboard cut outs. Instead we have our RB's running 15 yards sideways to get 1 yard.

Execution yes maybe, but i also can lean to bad play calling.
Same reason why we were so successful with guys like Earnest Byner or Ricky Ervins. Heck, even the case for Timmy Smith that one great year.