2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #316
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: 2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That's what it boils down to, wild to me some still think anything NA related would actually fly as a potential new name.

I think new ownership is hoping for a quick turnaround, nothing will distract from the name like winning and an exciting young star QB. I also think a revamp of the uniforms is much more likely than another full re-branding.
I would happily settle for a stud team and a uniform revamping. Honestly think the whole rebranding thing was mailed in, that whole "fan suggestions" thing was bs and Snyder liked Commanders from day one. The uniforms gotta be the most uninspiring look ever. Burgundy and gold was iconic and there wasn't a damn thing wrong with the colors.

If we get a competitive team and the uniforms are re-done I'll drop the name change argument.

Advertisements
Old 05-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #317
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
no, you chose to argue that one point from a larger discussion of the name. most members said your point was irrelevant to the name argument and not worth revisiting. Ultimately, this whole discussion is off of the thread topic and could have been dropped, but the name issue still burns a lot of fans.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
And as I said I'll always throw the bullshit flag when that one (false) point is made. And anyone that knows that point is BS should always confront it when it is made.

Last edited by nonniey; 05-15-2024 at 10:16 AM.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:43 AM   #318
calia
Playmaker

2024 Commanders Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
That is not what the discussion was about. What kicked this off was a claim that Redskins is a derogatory term. It's not and I provided enough evidence that shows it is not.

This is pure opinion, not fact. And you’re shouting at clouds anyway - the name is gone and not coming back. It makes no sense to argue about any of this. We should be discussing the rookie minicamp, the upcoming schedule, Newton’s surgery, how Jacoby continues to get screwed by the HOF - basically anything related to football instead of rehashing this nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2024, 10:47 AM   #319
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
This is pure opinion, not fact. And you’re shouting at clouds anyway - the name is gone and not coming back. It makes no sense to argue about any of this. We should be discussing the rookie minicamp, the upcoming schedule, Newton’s surgery, how Jacoby continues to get screwed by the HOF - basically anything related to football instead of rehashing this nonsense.

The name is not “fine”. It’s easily the weakest/stupidest name in the NFL, mirroring the clown who foisted it on us.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:28 AM   #320
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Old 05-15-2024, 11:58 AM   #321
GridIron26
Playmaker

This news is a nonstory but it's still better than discussing the team names. Martavis Bryant is having a tryout with us - I would be surprised if he makes it to the 53 roster, but I love the fact that we are looking at everywhere to find gems.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:50 PM   #322
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
The name is not “fine”. It’s easily the weakest/stupidest name in the NFL, mirroring the clown who foisted it on us.
Yes the name is fine. No, it is not Snyder's name. If you really want a name change, you better hope for this team be unsuccessful, because IMO that is the only way it will change. If this team starts winning, you better start loving the name.

Our new owner is not stupid enough to spend 20-30 mil on a name change just because a few fans are still butthurt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
This news is a nonstory but it's still better than discussing the team names. Martavis Bryant is having a tryout with us - I would be surprised if he makes it to the 53 roster, but I love the fact that we are looking at everywhere to find gems.
He's still playing? He sort of fell off the face of the earth.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 01:15 PM   #323
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yes the name is fine. No, it is not Snyder's name. If you really want a name change, you better hope for this team be unsuccessful, because IMO that is the only way it will change. If this team starts winning, you better start loving the name.

Our new owner is not stupid enough to spend 20-30 mil on a name change just because a few fans are still butthurt about it.

CumHanders is a jerkoff name. I will never start “liking” it.
I prayed for Snyder to be removed, and he was removed, for the same reason I pray the name is removed. It is no good.
I would be perfectly happy to go right back to WFT and not a dime would need to be spent on rebranding. Just a press release by officials/ownership saying the name CumHanders is trash and nobody likes it, therefore we’re removing the last stench of Snyder. 😁
Old 05-15-2024, 01:21 PM   #324
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

You know how CumHanders is a jerkoff name?
When you think of the word commander, what picture comes to mind?
Is it a navy dude? Is it that pig captain turdy?
What is it EXACTLY that comes to mind when you hear that word?

If the answer is not perfectly clear, then you know that it’s a shit name and the jerkoff that gave it to our team screwed us one more time on the way out the door with the weakest shit in the NFL.
Old 05-15-2024, 01:37 PM   #325
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Yep, apparently he was on Cowboys practice squad last year. Also played for XFL for a little bit.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 07:14 PM   #326
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

That is just it, it isn't opinion. Every etymologist that has assessed the term found that it was not a derogatory term. Every single one (try finding one that claims otherwise). That makes it a fact. They do concede it is offensive to some, and like many words (that aren't derogatory) has been used in a derogatory manner by some people (but not generally so even in the 19th century), but that doesn't make the term derogatory. And again I'm not arguing it is coming back I know it isn't. I'm just saying when someone makes the claim it is or was a derogatory term I will throw the BS flag.
Old 05-15-2024, 07:22 PM   #327
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Still think they should have brought in Zay Jones when they had the chance.
Old 05-15-2024, 07:41 PM   #328
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Jim View Post
You know how CumHanders is a jerkoff name?
When you think of the word commander, what picture comes to mind?
Is it a navy dude? Is it that pig captain turdy?
What is it EXACTLY that comes to mind when you hear that word?

If the answer is not perfectly clear, then you know that it’s a shit name and the jerkoff that gave it to our team screwed us one more time on the way out the door with the weakest shit in the NFL.
Dan Snyder. I would like a name change so that everything that reminds me of Dan Snyder would be removed from the branding of my favorite team.
Old 05-15-2024, 07:58 PM   #329
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Dan Snyder. I would like a name change so that everything that reminds me of Dan Snyder would be removed from the branding of my favorite team.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 08:00 PM   #330
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
That is just it, it isn't opinion. Every etymologist that has assessed the term found that it was not a derogatory term. Every single one (try finding one that claims otherwise). That makes it a fact. They do concede it is offensive to some, and like many words (that aren't derogatory) has been used in a derogatory manner by some people (but not generally so even in the 19th century), but that doesn't make the term derogatory. And again I'm not arguing it is coming back I know it isn't. I'm just saying when someone makes the claim it is or was a derogatory term I will throw the BS flag.
In the real world when someone is called a name that offends them, they don't care what some ivory tower etymologist has to say about it.