Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bengals @ WFT postgame thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Bengals @ WFT postgame thread

Congrats to the football team for handling business after Burrow went out. I suspect if he had played the entire game we might be discussing a different result. Good luck to the kid as I'm not hearing anything good about his injury. Hope it's just a simple ACL tear and not something worse.

Shoutout to the d-line for handling business with Finley in there. I still think JDR needs to be more creative because the game plan with bonafide starting qb's in there seems to be attack us with quick passes for small gains so we don't have time to rush the passer.

No easy answers on offense but it seems like they got energized after Burrow's injury, guessing they wanted to take advantage of the Bengals being demoralized by losing Burrow.

Hopkins - I see the replace Hopkins movement is picking up steam, my question is - if you know he's playing with an injury that might be affecting his field goal kicks why not stick him on IR and sign a temp replacement? For the most part of his career he's been reliable and idw replace him because he's not that good playing through injury.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Bengals @ WFT postgame thread

Darby needs to be re-signed.

Add a legit FS and LB. Defense could be real nice next year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #3
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Get a real No. 1 TE. 2nd or 3rd round or a GOOD free agent.

The WR core is growing on me but probably need to add 1 more weapon there.

Gibson was nice today.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
vallin21
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Congrats to the football team for handling business after Burrow went out. I suspect if he had played the entire game we might be discussing a different result. Good luck to the kid as I'm not hearing anything good about his injury. Hope it's just a simple ACL tear and not something worse.

Shoutout to the d-line for handling business with Finley in there. I still think JDR needs to be more creative because the game plan with bonafide starting qb's in there seems to be attack us with quick passes for small gains so we don't have time to rush the passer.

No easy answers on offense but it seems like they got energized after Burrow's injury, guessing they wanted to take advantage of the Bengals being demoralized by losing Burrow.

Hopkins - I see the replace Hopkins movement is picking up steam, my question is - if you know he's playing with an injury that might be affecting his field goal kicks why not stick him on IR and sign a temp replacement? For the most part of his career he's been reliable and idw replace him because he's not that good playing through injury.
I’ll pushback on Hopkins. He’s been inconsistent for us even when healthy. At the very least we should’ve brought in stronger competition the last few seasons. My problem is he’s missed a few clutch kicks; notably the OT kick in London against the Bengals. If he’s injured, he should be on IR, because we’ll be in some close games coming down the stretch this year.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The Burrow injury was definitely an accident, Jonathan Allen was wrestled down by a Bengal OL into Burrows leg. Here’s the video:

https://youtu.be/6hnVvGvdvFc

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The Burrow injury was definitely an accident, Jonathan Allen was wrestled down by a Bengal OL into Burrows leg. Here’s the video:

https://youtu.be/6hnVvGvdvFc
That's what happens when your shitty o-line has to tackle a guy to prevent him from reaching the qb. Joe Burrow is the latest example of a team failing to protect a rookie qb with a solid offensive line, and now it's gonna cost the Bengals for the rest of the season at least.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:22 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's what happens when your shitty o-line has to tackle a guy to prevent him from reaching the qb. Joe Burrow is the latest example of a team failing to protect a rookie qb with a solid offensive line, and now it's gonna cost the Bengals for the rest of the season at least.
This

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
I’ll pushback on Hopkins. He’s been inconsistent for us even when healthy. At the very least we should’ve brought in stronger competition the last few seasons. My problem is he’s missed a few clutch kicks; notably the OT kick in London against the Bengals. If he’s injured, he should be on IR, because we’ll be in some close games coming down the stretch this year.
I mean if your best example is a missed kick from 4 years ago that's not good enough for me.

And I'd be more concerned with him consistently missing clutch kicks if we fielded anything better than a dumpster fire team the last few years. I remember the days when we were trying out new kickers every week and guys like Graham Gano couldn't get a touchback on a kickoff to save their life, now we take that for granted every week.

I think if he's injured they should've put him on IR and done some tryouts, but it's too late for that already.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #9
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I mean if your best example is a missed kick from 4 years ago that's not good enough for me.

And I'd be more concerned with him consistently missing clutch kicks if we fielded anything better than a dumpster fire team the last few years. I remember the days when we were trying out new kickers every week and guys like Graham Gano couldn't get a touchback on a kickoff to save their life, now we take that for granted every week.

I think if he's injured they should've put him on IR and done some tryouts, but it's too late for that already.
We don't need to go back 4 years. He's missed a kick in 7 out of 10 games this year including 2 which could have definitely changed the outcome of those games. I think he has the 2nd lowest kicking percentage in the league. He needs to go. The problem is, at this point, who the heck is out there that is going to be any better.

And this team is far from a dumpster fire...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #10
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Washington had not beaten Cincinnati since 1991, I guess this is a good sign.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #11
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Washington had not beaten Cincinnati since 1991, I guess this is a good sign.
Well, this was only the fifth time we've played them since 1991. We were 0-3-1 against the Bengals since '91 going into today's game.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
We don't need to go back 4 years. He's missed a kick in 7 out of 10 games this year including 2 which could have definitely changed the outcome of those games. I think he has the 2nd lowest kicking percentage in the league. He needs to go. The problem is, at this point, who the heck is out there that is going to be any better.

And this team is far from a dumpster fire...
I'm not talking about the 2020 squad, I'm saying the last 4 years.

Feel free to shit on him for this year, but I'm really not sure how much blame to put on him for this year given the injury problem. Also we're not gonna pick up a quality replacement at this stage of the season, so just ride it out and bring in some competition in the offseason.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:36 PM   #13
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I'm not talking about the 2020 squad, I'm saying the last 4 years.

Feel free to shit on him for this year, but I'm really not sure how much blame to put on him for this year given the injury problem. Also we're not gonna pick up a quality replacement at this stage of the season, so just ride it out and bring in some competition in the offseason.
Gotcha, and I agree about the replacement...it is what it is at this point.

I thought he got injured only like two-three weeks ago though.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:13 PM   #14
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Why you gotta bring that painful memory like that ? I was already singing HTTR in that stadium when somebody tapped on my shoulder saying the Bengals had called TO... hurts.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:56 AM   #15
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Why you gotta bring that painful memory like that ? I was already singing HTTR in that stadium when somebody tapped on my shoulder saying the Bengals had called TO... hurts.
Same for me mate, same for me. Except for the shoulder tapping
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote