Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Thomas with some strong words

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-02-2005, 10:54 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Thomas with some strong words

What do you make of this?

Right guard Randy Thomas, at Redskins Park yesterday, turned from reticent to candid when asked if Coles's return would cause problems.

"I love the guys who want to be here and their heart is with the Redskins," said Thomas, who added that Rabach showed an enthusiasm about joining Washington. "If you don't want to be here, stay home."
Old 03-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
saden1
MVP

Re: Thomas with some strong words

Thomas is on point...no really wants to work with people who hate their jobs. They'll just end up not carrying their weight.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What's also interesting about Randy Thomas making the comment is that, having been his teammate in NY as well, Thomas knows Coles better than most...so you gotta wonder what he knows
Old 03-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
Big C
Mr. Brightside

i like that rabach seems like he is enthusiastic already, and i like randy thomas a lot. good man. good words.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
MTK
\m/

It really sounds like Rabach wanted to be here, he didn't even listen to any other offers and had a deal in place very early last night.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:50 AM   #6
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
It really sounds like Rabach wanted to be here, he didn't even listen to any other offers and had a deal in place very early last night.

That signing may not seem like much to a lot of people, but it's got me pumped!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:00 AM   #7
offiss

Thomas is not one of these player's who likes to here himself talk he's usually very reserved in his interview's, so for him to really put it like that to Cole's say's a lot, it sound's like team unity is starting to happen player's I think believe in Gibb's, it's just a matter of getting enough of them with the same mind set, our latest signing sound's like another step in that direction. As for Cole's unless he continues to make it near impossible for us to trade him he will be gone, not so much for his displeasure for the offense but the fact that he's hiding behind it to try and get a new contract, if he really wanted out he could have out and probably make more money than he is now, but apparently it's more important for him to break the bank than to leave a team he is apparently fed up with. I say get rid of him if at all possible, as Thomas basically said, if he doesn't want to be here than don't let the door hit you in the A**! there are plenty of quality reciever's in this draft we will be fine.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

There you go, Randy. Seriously, if Coles dosent want to be here, just sit on the bench, I have no problems with that. We dont need to take the cap hit of trading him, and dont let anyone else benifit from having him. Very interesting to hear from Randy, who has played w/ Coles for much longer than most of the team.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:08 PM   #9
Winskins
Special Teams

Ya'll are making such goodpoints you could sharpen some pencils. I don't wanna see a man play who doesn't want to play for his team. However, I have a feeling that Coles will come around if he makes it to training camp and sees all the magic happening there.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 PM   #10
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

GIbbs will work his magic on Coles if he's not traded. Gibbs has handled a few head cases in the past.

As for Thomas, I like the attitude. And I dig the Rabach signing. Our line is falling into place, and we all know that if the O-line works, things will roll.

Now about our defensive FAs...
Old 03-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
monk81
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep
GIbbs will work his magic on Coles if he's not traded. Gibbs has handled a few head cases in the past.

As for Thomas, I like the attitude. And I dig the Rabach signing. Our line is falling into place, and we all know that if the O-line works, things will roll.

Now about our defensive FAs...
YEAH for Thomas............he's one of the few WORTHY to wear the burgundy and gold............ :headbange

As for Gibbs handling a few head cases......Let's see Dexter Manley, the tempermental Gary Clark, and let's not forget about Riggo who Gibbs visited at 9am in the morning and there was Riggo sitting on his porch drinking a beer, and Gibbs begging him to come out of his brief retirement to help the Skins win.........and he did!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #12
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

I personally think this whole Coles situation will cool down and be all but forgotten by camp. While I disagree with Coles and his attitude, I think the media attention has turned something that was supposed to be concerns voiced by a player to his coach into a much larger problem.

As this whole LC fiasco developed it reminded me of all the harsh words everyone had for Ramsey when it was reported he wanted to be traded after Brunell came in. A lot of people back then said to get rid of Ramsey because he was acting like a primadonna, only thinking of himself, not a "true redskin" etc... Gibbs was able to calm Ramsey down (thank goodness!) and keep him around, and I believe he will do the same for Coles.

I say give Coles another shot. With our improved O-line Portis is going to be a bigger threat so defenses will stack the box more freeing up Coles downfield. Classic Gibbs football. We just need new receiver or two for our new posse.
CooleyAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:56 PM   #13
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

RIght on, Cooley. I'm also betting that's what goes down.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #14
gortiz
Special Teams

I think...

Who would be shocked if LC comes to camp, shows up, works hard, and then hits for 80 catches 1250 yards and 6 TD's?? I wouldn't.

Look at the brutal start to last year for the Pats and Ty Law? Belechik like Gibbs will let cooler heads prevail.
gortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

Re: I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortiz
Who would be shocked if LC comes to camp, shows up, works hard, and then hits for 80 catches 1250 yards and 6 TD's?? I wouldn't.

Look at the brutal start to last year for the Pats and Ty Law? Belechik like Gibbs will let cooler heads prevail.
If he's here I fully expect him to play hard.

Gibbs has dealt with a wide range of player personalities before, if he can't smooth things over and find some sort of mutual understanding than Coles is beyond help and really needs to go.

I'm hoping they can work things out, but I think Snyder and co. are still working hard to find value for him in a trade.