Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins/Bills postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Skins/Bills postgame

How about that RG3 guy? I think he might be pretty good.

Robert Griffin III shines in exhibition debut for Washington Redskins - Peter King - SI.com

Old 08-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: Skins/Bills postgame

The only negative for the Redskins after Griffin's strong debut: Trent Williams, Washington's best offensive lineman, went up the tunnel at halftime limping, seeming to favor his left leg. The team made no announcement about his status during the game, and he was on the sidelines for the second half. If he's hurt and misses time, it'll be a huge blow to the Redskins' effort to keep Griffin clean against opposing rushes.

Read more: Robert Griffin III shines in exhibition debut for Washington Redskins - Peter King - SI.com
Old 08-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The only negative for the Redskins after Griffin's strong debut: Trent Williams, Washington's best offensive lineman, went up the tunnel at halftime limping, seeming to favor his left leg. The team made no announcement about his status during the game, and he was on the sidelines for the second half. If he's hurt and misses time, it'll be a huge blow to the Redskins' effort to keep Griffin clean against opposing rushes.

Read more: Robert Griffin III shines in exhibition debut for Washington Redskins - Peter King - SI.com
He seems to be fine. He was walking around the sidelines without crutches and without any noticeable wrap on it.

Trent Williams injures foot on TD - The Insider - The Washington Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
RedskinsInNYC
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He seems to be fine. He was walking around the sidelines without crutches and without any noticeable wrap on it.

Trent Williams injures foot on TD - The Insider - The Washington Post
I'm interested to see what the reports are today/tomorrow about Trent. Always seems like the next day or so is the worst.
RedskinsInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyk View Post
he seems to be fine. He was walking around the sidelines without crutches and without any noticeable wrap on it.

trent williams injures foot on td - the insider - the washington post
good news!!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
mredskins
Gamebreaker

how many long time redskins fans held their breath whne Garcon did that flip thing at the end of his TD run. I was almost positive he was going to break his back, knowing our luck!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
SkinsHulk
Camp Scrub

Adam Gettis looked out of step almost like he had no clue each play who/how to block. The run game Failed.
Defense however, made me pleased with the quality of depth.
SkinsHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Before we put RG3 in the HOF let's remember it's PRE SEASON. John Beck looked good in pre season. He had one nice drive, snapped off a few nice throws which was very nice. He looked like he belonged out there. Good to see Hank out there too. Garcon had a great night. The first team o-line was pushed around on run plays. Banks can't play wr in this league. Simply not big or physical enough.

Really liked this dude Chris Baker. He was un blockable. Richard Crawford...I think he's earning a spot on this team. Had some nice punt returns and made some nice plays on d....as did Josh Wilson.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Before we put RG3 in the HOF let's remember it's PRE SEASON. John Beck looked good in pre season. He had one nice drive, snapped off a few nice throws which was very nice. He looked like he belonged out there. Good to see Hank out there too. Garcon had a great night. The first team o-line was pushed around on run plays. Banks can't play wr in this league. Simply not big or physical enough.

Really liked this dude Chris Baker. He was un blockable. Richard Crawford...I think he's earning a spot on this team. Had some nice punt returns and made some nice plays on d....as did Josh Wilson.
Quick question, if I may, old bean: Why do we have to discount what RG3 does in the preseason yet we allow ourselves to be reassured by how everybody else performs in the preseason? Why the double standard?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Quick question, if I may, old bean: Why do we have to discount what RG3 does in the preseason yet we allow ourselves to be reassured by how everybody else performs in the preseason? Why the double standard?
I didn't discount what he did. I think he did a nice job out there. I just said "let's not put him in the HOF after one pre season game".... where he threw it 6 times. No double standard at all.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I didn't discount what he did. I think he did a nice job out there. I just said "let's not put him in the HOF after one pre season game".... where he threw it 6 times. No double standard at all.
Fair enough, but I don't think anybody is getting over-excited about him after a game in which he ran 14 plays.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Fair enough, but I don't think anybody is getting over-excited about him after a game in which he ran 14 plays.
You would've thought he threw for 400 yards the way the media is talking him up today.

Honestly I was more impressed with Crawford and Baker. I know it's preseason but Crawford just looks like a pure football player. Returns punts, looks like he has great ball skills....I want to see more of this guy. And Baker just dominated. I want to see it again next week.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #13
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Kirk Cousins looked like a rookie out there against 2nd and 3rd stringers. RG3 looked like a starter against a good Bills D. Yes it is preseason, but so far things are looking good. I am sure he will hit many bumps on the road, but I'd rather see this than having him out there looking lost and playing terribly.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Kirk Cousins looked like a rookie out there against 2nd and 3rd stringers. RG3 looked like a starter against a good Bills D. Yes it is preseason, but so far things are looking good. I am sure he will hit many bumps on the road, but I'd rather see this than having him out there looking lost and playing terribly.
Agreed. He looked like he belonged out there and I said that. As for Cousins? He was up and down.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Agreed. He looked like he belonged out there and I said that. As for Cousins? He was up and down.
Cousins needs a lot of development, but I thought he looked okay for a rookie out there.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote