Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Rocky trade is a possibility

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

Rocky trade is a possibility

I was just reading the ESPN rumors and this came up today at 7:54am :

This has been an offseason of big changes for the Washington Redskins. New GM, new coach, new defense, new QB, two new former Pro Bowlers in the backfield. The next week could maintain that sense of change, as there are now at least three potential trades lurking leading up to the draft on Thursday. We've already digested the rumors related to Albert Haynesworth and Jason Campbell, but can now add OLB Rocky McIntosh to the rumor mill as well.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that while McIntosh would not officially confirm that he has demanded a trade, his answer to the trade-oriented query tells us everything we need to know. "Ah, that's between me and them," he said, when asked about the trade demand. "I'm going to keep that private. You can probably answer that better than I can. Let's just say I hope the situation will be resolved soon."

In order for a trade to be processed, McIntosh will have to sign his one-year, $1.759 million RFA tender.

I never thought Rocky was very good, so I wouldn't care too much. Maybe they are planning to replace him already and that is why he is requesting a trade?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Rocky trade is a possibility

I think its because he thinks he got shafted being given a tender instead of signed to a more lucrative extension. From what i've been reading he sounds like he's produced and been a good enough player and now he's throwing a hissy fit. Unfortunately 150+ other guys went through the same raw deal as restricted free agency with the CBA gone. I don't see all of them doing the same thing though. It's part of the business. You get paid enough as it is. Shut up and be a team player. If that's how he feels I'm glad. I only want players here that want to be here.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

It is going to be a wild week leading up to the Draft. I am really looking forward to seeing how things pan out for the Skins.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
rbanerjee23
The Starter

I agree with Skinzwin on this one...I really like that Shanahan is making such a concentrated effort to only keep guys who really want to be here. While that may mean some bickering and pouting early on, in the long run it's what is best for the team that should hold priority

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Loyal readers of the Warpath have known since Feb. that he's on the block

I've never know what to think of Rocky, some games he's great others I can't believe how easily he gets run over.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

ESPN is always so far behind when it comes to the Skins. The Washington Post insider's reported this about a week ago.

I agree with the other guys on the forum. Shut up and play or sign the tender. I mean Rocky is by no means the best RFA out there and yet he is the one whining about getting a contract. I don't see him signing much of a contract wherever he goes.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
ESPN is always so far behind when it comes to the Skins. The Washington Post insider's reported this about a week ago.

I agree with the other guys on the forum. Shut up and play or sign the tender. I mean Rocky is by no means the best RFA out there and yet he is the one whining about getting a contract. I don't see him signing much of a contract wherever he goes.
I guarantee ESPN talked about this possibility several weeks ago. All they did here was say WaPo Insider was saying the same thing now.

But anyway, the bottom line is he's on the trading block and he might just be that extra chip to get Brown from the Saints.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
diehard
The Starter

We Traded up in a desperate move to draft LB McIntosh that year. And he has been solid considering injuries endured at the college level. Why trade him when you'd have to replace him? He's young and has earned an extension. Not a lucrative contract but, yes an extension.
diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
We Traded up in a desperate move to draft LB McIntosh that year. And he has been solid considering injuries endured at the college level. Why trade him when you'd have to replace him? He's young and has earned an extension. Not a lucrative contract but, yes an extension.
maybe we feel we can get a 2nd rounder for him..??? maybe get somebody like Spikes??? Not sure.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #10
mlmdub130
Playmaker

like ss said he is a middle of the pack player, i really wouldn't care if we traded him, i've always though he was a bit over hyped, i just hope we get something decent for him since we used our first pick of the draft to get him, is there any chance we could get a 5th for him?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

I like Rocky but he's nothing more than an average to decent LB. Probably not an ideal fit in this new system either.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #12
saden1
MVP

Getting rid of all these guys means you have to replace them with people that are at the very least just as good.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #13
Schneed10
A Dude

I'd like to think we can trade Campbell, Haynesworth and Rocky. Maybe even Landry. But I don't want to get my hopes up that we'll net anything meaningful in return.

Campbell might net a 4th or 5th, Rocky a 5th, Landry a 4th or 5th. What does that really get us in return? I know this is supposed to be a deep draft but that doesn't mean every player in the draft is a 1st round talent.

The Lions or Titans may be willing to give a 2 for Haynesworth, that could buy a pretty good offensive lineman. But outside of that I'm not counting on getting much in return for these guys, even if we're able to move them.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'd like to think we can trade Campbell, Haynesworth and Rocky. Maybe even Landry. But I don't want to get my hopes up that we'll net anything meaningful in return.

Campbell might net a 4th or 5th, Rocky a 5th, Landry a 4th or 5th. What does that really get us in return? I know this is supposed to be a deep draft but that doesn't mean every player in the draft is a 1st round talent.

The Lions or Titans may be willing to give a 2 for Haynesworth, that could buy a pretty good offensive lineman. But outside of that I'm not counting on getting much in return for these guys, even if we're able to move them.
if the Broncos can trade Marshall for 2 2nd round picks, I would expect the same for Haynesworth.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
if the Broncos can trade Marshall for 2 2nd round picks, I would expect the same for Haynesworth.
Then I think you'll be disappointed. Haynesworth is 28, Marshall 26. Marshall has 3 tremendous seasons in a row. Haynesworth had 2 all-pro seasons, and then last year one very underwhelming one.

So even though Marshall was disgruntled in Denver, he was putting up tremendous numbers even while disgruntled. Haynesworth is disgruntled and didn't play up to his contract last year.

I think the Lions and Titans are the market for Haynesworth at this point, because they know him. But I don't think we'll get two 2nds.