Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Marty *****slaps Snyderrato

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Marty *****slaps Snyderrato

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/11/smoke-signals-marty-pimpslaps-snyderrato.html

Quote:
Remember those scouting trips that top Redskins pinheads Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato have been on to “scout” Texas QB Colt McCoy and Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen? Well, former Redskins head coach Marty Schottenheimer discussed them on his radio program yesterday. Big Stein has the relevant details:

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Marty *****slaps Snyderrato

Schottenheimer doesn't have respect for a lot of people, but he's not alone in his feelings about Cerrato.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Longtimefan
Playmaker

After reading what Marty had to say, the more I'm conviced Cerrato is going to continue having a seat at the table in 2010 and beyond.

While Marty had just the one year here, I have often wondered how much improved his 8-8 record would have been had we not ushered Brad Johnson to the door leaving him with the likes of Kent Graham and Tony Banks. The discord between the two men has been well documented, and I doubt there's any love lost between the two.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
After reading what Marty had to say, the more I'm conviced Cerrato is going to continue having a seat at the table in 2010 and beyond.
That's a point a lot of us keep trying to make. There's been an idea frequently posted on the warpath that Cerrato's job is in jeopardy, but there's always been little-to-no support of that statement. That Cerrato could get axed at the end of this year is really nothing more than a sentiment.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
That's a point a lot of us keep trying to make. There's been an idea frequently posted on the warpath that Cerrato's job is in jeopardy, but there's always been little-to-no support of that statement. That Cerrato could get axed at the end of this year is really nothing more than a sentiment.
Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't think Cerrato is going anywhere. Quite frankly, the disaster of 2009, you have to admit, if Vinny survives this, in addition to a decade of failure, dude might just have the most secure job in the country.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't think Cerrato is going anywhere. Quite frankly, the disaster of 2009, you have to admit, if Vinny survives this, in addition to a decade of failure, dude might just have the most secure job in the country.
Not that I'd prefer Cerrato to stick around, but his draft record here is already better than Marty's.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
Coff
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post

I've never been so happy to have been so wrong.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Hogroll
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post

While Marty had just the one year here, I have often wondered how much improved his 8-8 record would have been had we not ushered Brad Johnson to the door leaving him with the likes of Kent Graham and Tony Banks. The discord between the two men has been well documented, and I doubt there's any love lost between the two.
Jeff George anybody?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Isn't he the guy who picked Rod Gardner

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
Isn't he the guy who picked Rod Gardner
And Fred Smoot. Marty should just shut his mouth, he's an old blow hard, choke artist, with a shitty playoff record and no SB's.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And Fred Smoot. Marty should just shut his mouth, he's an old blow hard, choke artist, with a shitty playoff record and no SB's.
Smoot was a great pick in the 2nd (he was projected as 1st round talent but fell due to marijuania detected in a test as I recall) & was a pretty good cb in his day. He's not now, he's just a nickel back at best, but due to injuries & Rogers getting burned, Smoot is seeing more action than the staff would like.

Gardner was a decent #2 wr. He fell off hard at the end of his career when he became known as 50/50, but he had some decent years here. He did WAY MORE in his 1st 2 years than DT & Kelly have.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
#56fanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

seriously?? Marty was the only coach here that was at least 500 record. And he did it with Banks mostly, and a 50-50 pass catcher. He had guys that played hard and wanted to run through the wall for him. Plus, because of him Neon Deion retired or quit which ever you want to call it. (i say quit) Marty is a hell of a coach and should be a hall of famer. They playoff crap has nothing to do with Marty, the fumble, the drive, these are historical moments in playoff history that somehow say marty doesn't do well in the playoffs. As far as I can remember he is/was consistantly in the playoffs, which ever team he coached. Wouldn't you rather be in the playoffs every year, than one out of 10??
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
seriously?? Marty was the only coach here that was at least 500 record. And he did it with Banks mostly, and a 50-50 pass catcher. He had guys that played hard and wanted to run through the wall for him. Plus, because of him Neon Deion retired or quit which ever you want to call it. (i say quit) Marty is a hell of a coach and should be a hall of famer. They playoff crap has nothing to do with Marty, the fumble, the drive, these are historical moments in playoff history that somehow say marty doesn't do well in the playoffs. As far as I can remember he is/was consistantly in the playoffs, which ever team he coached. Wouldn't you rather be in the playoffs every year, than one out of 10??
Agreed
Old 12-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
Amen! In a long list of fkups...firing Marty is far and away #1 on the Snyder bonehead list. An owner who claims all he wants to do is win...yet he fires a coach who has done nothing but win and rehires his friend.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Amen! In a long list of fkups...firing Marty is far and away #1 on the Snyder bonehead list. An owner who claims all he wants to do is win...yet he fires a coach who has done nothing but win and rehires his friend.
Could someone, anyone please explain the fascination Snyder has with Cerrato? They can't be gay lovers cause Snyder is married. Let me ask it this way, would any of you out there having come across Cerrato either in the work place or bar or anywhere find him interesting and feel the need to chum up to him and pal around with him?

I see no redeaming qualities, I would not hire him if he applied for any job, I think he looks like someone who should be on the Virginia state pedifile list. He has no public speaking abilities and has no humor about him. I just don't get it. If he built an awsome team here and the Skins were in the play offs each year I would over look these issues I have and say who cares he has built a winner but he hasn't.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote