Orakpo gradually shifting to DE?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Orakpo gradually shifting to DE?

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/03/orakpo-to-de-blades-to-lb.html

Quote:
According to CBS Rapid Reports, the 13th overall draft pick Brian Orakpo is working more on the defensive line while HB Blades picks up additional time at practices with the starters. Could this be the logical shift that made sense when Orakpo was drafted?

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Orakpo gradually shifting to DE?

I could see us switching to a 3-4 next season.. Depending on our new hc
Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
freddyg12
Playmaker

Seems the writer of the article assumes this would be a permanent change, but look at our opponent; the saints are gonna throw the ball a lot & Blache may just be starting Rak at DE for this game only.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
AsylumGuido
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Seems the writer of the article assumes this would be a permanent change, but look at our opponent; the saints are gonna throw the ball a lot & Blache may just be starting Rak at DE for this game only.
That is a common misconception about the Saints. New Orleans has ran the ball 350 times, while they have passed the ball only 343 times through their first 11 games. To give you a sense of perspective, your Redskins have ran six more pass plays (349) this year than have the Saints and 67 fewer rushing attempts (283). I expect them to run the ball at even a higher clip than normal on Sunday.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I expect them to run the ball at even a higher clip than normal on Sunday.
Is Haynesworth definitely out again?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That is a common misconception about the Saints. New Orleans has ran the ball 350 times, while they have passed the ball only 343 times through their first 11 games. To give you a sense of perspective, your Redskins have ran six more pass plays (349) this year than have the Saints and 67 fewer rushing attempts (283). I expect them to run the ball at even a higher clip than normal on Sunday.
The saints will dominate us with their run game... This will be the worst performance by our d this yr.. Hopefully hayneworth and hall will play bcuz we need them for this week..
Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The saints will dominate us with their run game... This will be the worst performance by our d this yr.. Hopefully hayneworth and hall will play bcuz we need them for this week..
It sounds like Haynesworth is going to play, but it doesn't look like Hall will play..

Edit: on other hand, Gray says that Hall should be able to play but he won't start..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #8
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I know right, and they took away our best secret weapon since Roy Williams was playing safety for the Cowboys. Man I wish Reggie Bush was playing tomorrow.

ZOMG BUSH r REach out n flyz over pylon MVPz Madden omgwtfbbq!?!!?! Seriously it's like the media can not admit that they were wrong about this guy and talk about him like it's going to be a big blow to the Saints with him on the sidelines. Sure maybe he'll have a Brian Westbrook type turnaround but until that happens I don't want to hear anything concerning how great Reggie is. Right now he's an above average punt returner and reciever out of the backfield.

Also for the record, I too was wrong about Bush.

Crap, what were talking about?

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:

that statement is a misconception. the only reason their running numbers are close to their passing numbers is because the saints usually jump out to a huge lead. once a lead is built ,they can run the ball more often, in an attemp to run the clock down.the passing game is the strength of their offense, not the run. the saints are definately a passing team.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
AsylumGuido
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
that statement is a misconception. the only reason their running numbers are close to their passing numbers is because the saints usually jump out to a huge lead. once a lead is built ,they can run the ball more often, in an attemp to run the clock down.the passing game is the strength of their offense, not the run. the saints are definately a passing team.
Actually, their first half numbers mirror the final breakdown. I'll see what I can come up with, but having seen every game it is always noted that the balance between run and pass is there even at the half and quite often weighed toward the run. In fact, in the four game stretch when the Saints had so many injuries and got behind early to the Dolphins and the Panthers they were forced to pass more in the second half.

Believe me, the Saints are not a passing team. They are a team that can pass and can pass terribly efficiently. But, their offense is built around the run.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Actually, their first half numbers mirror the final breakdown. I'll see what I can come up with, but having seen every game it is always noted that the balance between run and pass is there even at the half and quite often weighed toward the run. In fact, in the four game stretch when the Saints had so many injuries and got behind early to the Dolphins and the Panthers they were forced to pass more in the second half.

Believe me, the Saints are not a passing team. They are a team that can pass and can pass terribly efficiently. But, their offense is built around the run.
i'll take your word for it, you would certainly know better than i would. any how i like how you used the term "terribly efficiently" when describing their pass offense. thats good stuff.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #12
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
I totally agree. And by the same token, our Skins have often fallen behind, and had to pass more to play catch up.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Good stuff...welcome to the board. Saints are definitely a balanced team and why wouldn't you be when you have Brees as your QB?

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #14
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I saw the link on that other redskins forum and also didnt see this as a big deal.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
over the mountain
Playmaker

thats good news for orakpo and blades.

maybe this was done b/c of jarmon's injury.

go skins!!