Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Does Joe Bugel still have it?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-28-2009, 02:31 AM   #1
skins89moss
Playmaker

Does Joe Bugel still have it?

While we are calling for coaches to get fired you can also put JOE BUGEL in there as well. He is the O-Line coach and our O-Line is awful. He has not groomed any young lineman since he has returned with the Gibbs. He is not getting a free pass in my book because we can't run in the red zone. Message to Coach Zorn stop trying to run the ball in the Red Zone because the last 2 games we have been Stuffed on the 1 yard line.( Rams/Lions). O-Line = Marshmellows
Right now our O-Line can't opening a hole even if Adrian Peterson was our RB. Joe Bugel should have insisted to the front office and the Head Coach that we need to draft some O-Lineman if he new we would be this awful. Bugel thanks for all your service but these guys are not playing up to speed and you are o-Line coach so you get the blame just like Zorn and Blache. If we do changes coaching staff please Dan Synder wait until the season is over so future head coaches will see you really have change and are not impulsive. This team needs a tough SOB like Jon Gruden with energy and fire to kick them in the ass. Clean the entire house Dan not just a few rooms.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

re: Does Joe Bugel still have it?

Bugel is not the answer either.. We won't fire JZ just yet but I really do believe if Tampa comes to DC and beats us, he is gone.. I would like either Gruden or Shanahan imo they would turn us around in a heartbeat.. Too bad for us though man, a season in which we thought we would contend has turned into a disaster.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
SouperMeister
Playmaker

re: Does Joe Bugel still have it?

Don't Blame Buges. We havent drafted an O-lineman in the 1st or 2nd round since Samuels in 2000. I'd be willing to bet the house that we're the only team that can claim that, then we wonder why our O-line depth is lacking.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Re: Does Joe Bugel still have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
While we are calling for coaches to get fired you can also put JOE BUGEL in there as well. He is the O-Line coach and our O-Line is awful. He has not groomed any young lineman since he has returned with the Gibbs. He is not getting a free pass in my book because we can't run in the red zone. Message to Coach Zorn stop trying to run the ball in the Red Zone because the last 2 games we have been Stuffed on the 1 yard line.( Rams/Lions). O-Line = Marshmellows
Right now our O-Line can't opening a hole even if Adrian Peterson was our RB. Joe Bugel should have insisted to the front office and the Head Coach that we need to draft some O-Lineman if he new we would be this awful. Bugel thanks for all your service but these guys are not playing up to speed and you are o-Line coach so you get the blame just like Zorn and Blache. If we do changes coaching staff please Dan Synder wait until the season is over so future head coaches will see you really have change and are not impulsive. This team needs a tough SOB like Jon Gruden with energy and fire to kick them in the ass. Clean the entire house Dan not just a few rooms.
Our out of control car is headed toward the Grand Canyon and you're worrying about what song is on the radio.

Joe Bugel is light years away from our problems. He's a leftover coach from Gibbs 2.0 and really has no bearing on where we're headed as a franchise. You wouldn't even notice if he was gone...due to our OL personnel and not coaching. I respect Buges.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Our out of control car is headed toward the Grand Canyon and you're worrying about what song is on the radio.

Joe Bugel is light years away from our problems. He's a leftover coach from Gibbs 2.0 and really has no bearing on where we're headed as a franchise. You wouldn't even notice if he was gone...due to our OL personnel and not coaching. I respect Buges.
I know he is from Gibbs coaching staff, so is Greg Blache. Does this give him a free pass. Did you know that Joe Bugel was once a head coach in the NFL? He is older and he is not getting our O-Line up to speed. I also know that we have not drafted a O-Line in the 1st or 2nd round since Samuels and Jansen. Does anyone remember Mark Wilson OL from CaL or the stiff Jim Molinaro OL from Notre Dame. He did nothing with them either. If he has any pull he should have been in Vinnie and Dan's ear to draft a O-Lineman this year instead of selecting 2 LB (Cody released) and (Henson not activate on game day). What a reach with these 2 thus far. Not just blame Bugel but he should also take much of the blame as Zorn and Blache.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
I know he is from Gibbs coaching staff, so is Greg Blache. Does this give him a free pass. Did you know that Joe Bugel was once a head coach in the NFL? He is older and he is not getting our O-Line up to speed. I also know that we have not drafted a O-Line in the 1st or 2nd round since Samuels and Jansen. Does anyone remember Mark Wilson OL from CaL or the stiff Jim Molinaro OL from Notre Dame. He did nothing with them either. If he has any pull he should have been in Vinnie and Dan's ear to draft a O-Lineman this year instead of selecting 2 LB (Cody released) and (Henson not activate on game day). What a reach with these 2 thus far. Not just blame Bugel but he should also take much of the blame as Zorn and Blache.
Greg Blache was actually brought in by Gregg Williams to coach the DL. Joe Gibbs brought Gregg Williams in to take care of the defense entirely and act as Co-Head Coach.

The reason Blache is here is because of Williams and not Gibbs.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:41 AM   #7
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Greg Blache was actually brought in by Gregg Williams to coach the DL. Joe Gibbs brought Gregg Williams in to take care of the defense entirely and act as Co-Head Coach.

The reason Blache is here is because of Williams and not Gibbs.
Williams wasn't the Head Coach Gibbs was. The Head Coach has to approve who is going to be on his staff. They are both gone now so now what?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:58 AM   #8
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Williams wasn't the Head Coach Gibbs was. The Head Coach has to approve who is going to be on his staff. They are both gone now so now what?
Williams was never a head coach with us. He was Co-Head Coach and completely in control of the defense...but never coach for us.

If they are both gone...why are there 4 coaches that Gregg appointed to his defensive ranks and that are still coaching our team? Gibbs still has 2 coaches still coaching for us.

Are they really gone or is their half-ass ghost still coaching our team?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #9
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I think you are probably right. Bugel is not part of the long-term solution for this franchise, but he is not among its biggest issues. Watching the game yesterday it was glaringly obvious that Chad Rhinehart is not an NFL caliber player. Not even close. I have trouble blaming Bugel for that. He didn't draft him in the 3rd round. You know what they say, you can add all the chicken salad you want but ....
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

Bugel still has it, what he doesn't have is the horses to run with.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

I agree with this.

We need a truly dominant lineman on the right side and we just don't have it, in the lineup or on the bench. The present version of Randy Thomas wasn't dominant going into the season so it isn't like that injury can be pointed to.

Our running game is only marginally effective on one side and defensive coordinators are well aware of this.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Your right. Who ever started this thread is barking up the wrong tree. He has been the only constant on this team. He was here last year right after a family member died. Like a day or two later. So I think the appropriate thing to do is back off. He has paid his dues and he is not the issue. He kept this raggedy line together with the little he had the past few years. Blame the right people. He is old but still one of the best O-line coaches out there. That's why we have him because we have no talent on our O-line. Get a clue.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #13
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Your right. Who ever started this thread is barking up the wrong tree. He has been the only constant on this team. He was here last year right after a family member died. Like a day or two later. So I think the appropriate thing to do is back off. He has paid his dues and he is not the issue. He kept this raggedy line together with the little he had the past few years. Blame the right people. He is old but still one of the best O-line coaches out there. That's why we have him because we have no talent on our O-line. Get a clue.
Bugel is like a Legend here in Redskin Nation and people like to give passes to those who have won SB in the past. I'm just pointing out that people want to jump all over Zorn and Blache, why not Bugel who has been here since Gibbs 2nd return. I understand we have not drafted high pick O-Lineman but thats where his creditablity as a great coach should be able to influence the FO regarding the need to upgrade our Line. Everyone on this staff should not be safe if Snyder cleans house.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
skins89moss
Playmaker

Bugel did not draft Rhinehart but dam he is his position coach as well as Heyers. I guess its much easier to get FA lineman and plug them in than teaching Rookie picks. Or even Rookie free agents. As far as I'm concerned Bugel can also be let go if Zorn is fired.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #15
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Bugel did not draft Rhinehart but dam he is his position coach as well as Heyers. I guess its much easier to get FA lineman and plug them in than teaching Rookie picks. Or even Rookie free agents. As far as I'm concerned Bugel can also be let go if Zorn is fired.
How about this novel idea???

Let the next coach who comes in next bring HIS OWN COACHES to the team and have him fill out his coaching ranks instead of doing him "a favor" by hiring a partial staff list of former coaching greats.

Seriously...the fact that people, not you skins89moss, are choosing coaches to stay like they're in a school lunch a la carte line is more of the same Snyder-tactics if you ask me.

Teams bring in coaches because they are qualified to coach and manage the execution of their team, TO INCLUDE THE COACHING STAFF.