Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Romo gets dissed again.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Romo gets dissed again.

Jacobs on Romo: "I don't think he's that good a passer"

"I'm not a fan of Tony Romo, no. Keep him in the pocket, he's not that good. . . . His luck will be gone sooner or later. If you were to keep Tony Romo in the pocket he's not that effective."

Brandon Jacob's is hilarious because Tony Romo is a STUD! This guy is an idiot, Romo has been a BEAST since he started against NY a few years ago. There is no doubt about it, Romo is a top 10 QB (And is way better than SHELI Manning) And I hate dallas but this is just something dumb to say.
That's like if I said Adrian Peterson is overated lol
Old 07-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

re: Romo gets dissed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Jacobs on Romo: "I don't think he's that good a passer"

"I'm not a fan of Tony Romo, no. Keep him in the pocket, he's not that good. . . . His luck will be gone sooner or later. If you were to keep Tony Romo in the pocket he's not that effective."

Brandon Jacob's is hilarious because Tony Romo is a STUD! This guy is an idiot, Romo has been a BEAST since he started against NY a few years ago. There is no doubt about it, Romo is a top 10 QB (And is way better than SHELI Manning) And I hate dallas but this is just something dumb to say.
I think Jacob's is right. Romo certainly is just as on the hot seat as JC is, although the media will never admit this. Romo lost a 1000+ yd/10TD receiver in TO, and has never shown much at the end of the season when it counts.
I am not saying Romo isn't good, I think he is early in the season, and his numbers in November are amazing, but he doesn't have the desire, in my opinion, that Eli, Jason, or even McNabb have. And when the heat is on him, he has, in the past, collapsed.

I think Romo is equally likely to bomb this year as he is to lead Dallas anywhere.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
skindeep
Camp Scrub

Romo can do damage to you out the pocket when a play collapses, when its designed its not that natural looking to me at least.Jacobs is right he not a pocket passer and losing T.O going to hurt.

Romo is a stud at one thing and thats choking.I always take pleasure in watching him choke in the playoffs and high stake games.May Romo be with Dallas for many more years.

We should name him "PICASSO" for his talent as choke artist.
skindeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

Romo is a gunslinger, but not much of a winner IMO, and he can't really pick you apart. I think he's pretty weak mentally as well. When things are going well, he sports that shit eating grin and slings the ball around pretty well. When the going gets tough however, he's hasn't answered the call.

He's a solid talent, but not spectacular by any means. They dropped TO, and Roy Williams hasn't done anything worth a fraction of what Dallas gave up to get him, and has mouthed off about the team and their work ethic plenty is his short tenure.

I think the Cowboys are going to run a lot more this year. Felix Jones looked awesome before he went down for the year, and the other rookie Tashard Choice stepped in nicely as a #2 behind Barber, who is a monster. And at this point, their best receiver by far is their TE.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:40 AM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

[quote=GMScud;567106]Romo is a gunslinger, but not much of a winner IMO, and he can't really pick you apart. I think he's pretty weak mentally as well. When things are going well, he sports that shit eating grin and slings the ball around pretty well. When the going gets tough however, he's hasn't answered the call.

Tony Romo Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I Would say that 27-12 is a winner my man... you guys always blame him for the losses but yet when they win it's the team around him... All I am saying is this guy is legit and there is no doubt about it..

Hey Peyton Manning lost how many of his first playoff games???
So you can't say Romo is overated.

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 07-10-2009 at 03:57 PM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
Smooter
Impact Rookie

[quote=skinsfaninok;567116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Romo is a gunslinger, but not much of a winner IMO, and he can't really pick you apart. I think he's pretty weak mentally as well. When things are going well, he sports that shit eating grin and slings the ball around pretty well. When the going gets tough however, he's hasn't answered the call.

I Would say that 27-12 is a winner my man... you guys always blame him for the losses but yet when they win it's the team around him... All I am saying is this guy is legit and there is no doubt about it..

Man whats with all the Romo love? Have all the Cowgirl fans here in OK been getting to you? lol.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Romo gets dissed again.

[
Quote:

Man whats with all the Romo love? Have all the Cowgirl fans here in OK been getting to you? lol.
LOL HELL NO!! I just call it like it is my man, Romo is pretty damn good dude and it's crazy to say he's overrated. I give props when props are due just like Donavon McNabb is a beast you just have to admit it whether we like it or not.

Last edited by skinsfaninok; 07-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

[quote=skinsfaninok;567116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post

So you can't say Romo is overated
Peyton and the offense carried the team when he arrived. the defense was horrid, hence the hiring of Dungy. The defense came together one yr. that yr they hoisted the Lombardi
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:

Can you please fix the way you "quoted" me in this post? It looks all jacked up.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #10
wilsowilso

Quote:
Not really. That's not exactly the same as saying AP is overated.

Romo is talented for sure, but he has been protected by a monster line and great skill players.

He has a horrible end of the year record and it looks like teams might have found more than a few weak points in his game to exploit.

If he corrects that stuff he will be a total badass.

If not, he will be another in a long line of ridiculously overated NFL players.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Not really. That's not exactly the same as saying AP is overated.

Romo is talented for sure, but he has been protected by a monster line and great skill players.

He has a horrible end of the year record and it looks like teams might have found more than a few weak points in his game to exploit.

If he corrects that stuff he will be a total badass.

If not, he will be another in a long line of ridiculously overated NFL players.
Really? I'll agree that their o line has played very well the last 2-3 years, and it has been a top 10 line probably, but "monster?" Proctor has been a weak link & Colombo has been decent. Other guys are all really good but again, don't think they're that good.

This year I look for Flozell to really show his age & for speed rushers to give he & Colombo fits. Remember how they couldn't block the g-men in the playoffs year before last? I look for more teams to beat them that way, hopefully us. Flozell is old & Colombo is getting up there too.

I've been surprised the last 2 years that they haven't drafted o line higher w/all the picks they've had.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #12
jdlea
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Really? I'll agree that their o line has played very well the last 2-3 years, and it has been a top 10 line probably, but "monster?" Proctor has been a weak link & Colombo has been decent. Other guys are all really good but again, don't think they're that good.

This year I look for Flozell to really show his age & for speed rushers to give he & Colombo fits. Remember how they couldn't block the g-men in the playoffs year before last? I look for more teams to beat them that way, hopefully us. Flozell is old & Colombo is getting up there too.

I've been surprised the last 2 years that they haven't drafted o line higher w/all the picks they've had.
That probably won't happen as long as Orakpo is standing up...of all the dumb ideas. Anyway, I agree that speed rushers are going to give them fits, they pretty much already do, so I don't think there magically going to improve.

I'm definitely looking forward to 3rd and longs against Dallas this season with Andre and Orakpo pinning their ears back to come after Romo. Oh, it's going to be beautiful!
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 AM   #13
djnemo65
Playmaker

I think Jacobs is echoing a lot of people's thoughts. He certainly read my mind.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #14
MTK
\m/

Until Romo stops the choke act in playoff games, he's overrated in my book.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Until Romo stops the choke act in playoff games, he's overrated in my book.
See I don't get all the choke talk. The guy dropped a snap holding for a FG and he choked? That wasn't even his position. And it was Patrick Crayton that choked in the playoff loss to NY. I think that's just media BS.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote