Fletcher to Start against Steelers

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Fletcher to Start against Steelers

Fletcher Will Start for Redskins on Sunday Against Steelers

Good news hopefully he is 100%

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: Fletcher to Start against Steelers

I haven't read enough about his injury, but I have to worry a little bit about the whole "balance problem" issue. We were just fined for improperly reporting RGIII's concussion, so I hope they didn't do anything goofy with reporting London's status that could potentially end up costing us even more.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
The Goat
Pro Bowl

The doctors put London through something like six hours of testing for concussion like symptoms, and they found none. Smootsmack also mentioned vertigo as the issue, which I know drugs can treat but my buddy who had vertigo didn't get any relief from them. Thing is, London at 75% is probably better than Lorenzo or Robinson at 100%, or something like that
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I am a little worried Fletcher will be a liability against Heath Miller. I know he is the best option if he is healthy but if he's not really 100% I hope that they use him wisely.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am a little worried Fletcher will be a liability against Heath Miller. I know he is the best option if he is healthy but if he's not really 100% I hope that they use him wisely.
Honestly we already give up 350 yards a game passing idt it really matters much. Our best hope is it's a rainy game and their speed at WR won't be a huge factor.
Either way glad 59 is playing!!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

He may start but he may not finish. I see him spending a lot of time on the sidelines. Don't want him to end up seeing birdies.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Fletcher is a beast and I know that he's enough of a team guy to not put himself before the game. If he would truly be a problem, he would know better and sit out.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
los panda
Pro Bowl

praise be
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
Deivybaby

Ok listen guya i know your happy hes gonna play but note our D is almost dead last he will play injired and is also 37 . Why are you so happy when lorenzo been stepping up in his little short playing time and we also have a rookie ILB wouldnt u be more excited to see them?

I like london but just like cooley can we please let the gibbs era players go they are old and declined. Yes londons declined depite his stats any one can tell u he has.
Deivybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post
Ok listen guya i know your happy hes gonna play but note our D is almost dead last he will play injired and is also 37 . Why are you so happy when lorenzo been stepping up in his little short playing time and we also have a rookie ILB wouldnt u be more excited to see them?

I like london but just like cooley can we please let the gibbs era players go they are old and declined. Yes londons declined depite his stats any one can tell u he has.
Here is an idea, stop being so damn negative about everything and watch London play out there. like it or not he is our best option.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #11
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivybaby View Post

To Matty, JR, NC etc etc: this is what haterade looks like. This is unbridled pessimism.

I'm just disappointed in our coaching, on defense mostly, but doesn't that fall on Shanny some too because he forced this sillier-by-the-day 3-4 experiment and we're still doing it, w/o the personnel (especially on the d-line) to make it work? I would actually like to give Haslett the benefit of the doubt and say he just doesn't get the 3-4 and that's why his gameplan/adjustments have been so lacking. I'd like to think if we switched back to a 4-3 Haslett, having all his experience with it, would get us back to a top 10-15 D within a season. And I pretty much believe it's possible. I think we have talent on defense.

And I think we have pretty awesome talent on offense. And while we've made good of that talent I pretty much believe we haven't made the best of it. The running game is elite, and tomorrow will likely prove it again. But I think overall, and especially with pass play-calling and design, we're leaving a lot out on the field. The end story stats are elite, but the story in the middle is inconsistency and especially when it counts most i.e. we leave some points on the field and in ways that seem pretty redundant.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #12
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
To Matty, JR, NC etc etc: this is what haterade looks like. This is unbridled pessimism.

I'm just disappointed in our coaching, on defense mostly, but doesn't that fall on Shanny some too because he forced this sillier-by-the-day 3-4 experiment and we're still doing it, w/o the personnel (especially on the d-line) to make it work? I would actually like to give Haslett the benefit of the doubt and say he just doesn't get the 3-4 and that's why his gameplan/adjustments have been so lacking. I'd like to think if we switched back to a 4-3 Haslett, having all his experience with it, would get us back to a top 10-15 D within a season. And I pretty much believe it's possible. I think we have talent on defense.

And I think we have pretty awesome talent on offense. And while we've made good of that talent I pretty much believe we haven't made the best of it. The running game is elite, and tomorrow will likely prove it again. But I think overall, and especially with pass play-calling and design, we're leaving a lot out on the field. The end story stats are elite, but the story in the middle is inconsistency and especially when it counts most i.e. we leave some points on the field and in ways that seem pretty redundant.
I personally think you overestimate the talent on Defense. I just dont see it with some of the people missing. Especially given our safeties, which I think are probably the worst in the league. I think its a fair amount different if we not only have T. Jackson and Meriweather (Meriweather isnt a huge upgrade, but still an upgrade), but also Orakpo and Carriker out makes the front seven not as effective in the pash rush. Having said that, I agree with the switch to 4-3 and would love Shanny to eat his ego on it and switch back, im not convinced that we jump up as much as you believe though.

As for offense, I think the system is hiding a weak offensive line, especially in the pass blocking. Kyle does get too cute at times, that I wont argue. But I think the system helps put up points that we wouldnt have otherwise. I believe a traditional NFL offense has RG3 running for his life in the passing game and makes the running game less effective. Over time, I actually hope we can transition to a more NFL type offense. But I dont think we could have done it this year. Yeah, they leave some points out there for sure, but they also get some points that they really shouldnt have gotten.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I'm just disappointed in our coaching, on defense mostly, but doesn't that fall on Shanny some too because he forced this sillier-by-the-day 3-4 experiment and we're still doing it, w/o the personnel (especially on the d-line) to make it work? I would actually like to give Haslett the benefit of the doubt and say he just doesn't get the 3-4 and that's why his gameplan/adjustments have been so lacking.
Truthfully, this is one of my biggest issues with Shanny the head coach. Not because he wanted to switch to the 3-4, but because he brought in a coach who hadn't run that scheme in 11 years. Haslett didn't want to run the 3-4, and has been running the 4-3 his entire career since leaving Pittsburgh.

I'm still befuddled why a coach would want to bring in a person to run a scheme that he clearly doesn't want to run or hasn't ran in a decade. To Mike's defense, Haslett wasn't his first choice. I really hope he wasn't even his 3rd or 4th choice to be honest with you. We as fans can say..."why didn't he get X person to do this." Well, that X person has a choice in where he goes, Mike can't force them here. You may had have a situation where coordinator's looked at the talent and decided it wasn't going to go well and either stayed or moved on to another team with better talent.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Goat, its seems no matter what thread you post in your crush the coaching staff. How does this relate to Fletch starting vs the Steelers?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Goat, its seems no matter what thread you post in your crush the coaching staff. How does this relate to Fletch starting vs the Steelers?
I was just trying to contrast that other post, but it didn't have much to do w/ Fletcher either lol.