Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Colts fans: what's the deal?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

Colts fans: what's the deal?

I'm kinda surprised/confused at all the outrage this week coming from Colts fans over the fact they pulled their starters last week. It's not like this should have come as any sort of shocker, this has been their MO for years now and I thought they made it pretty clear prior to last week that 16-0 was not a high priority for them.

So what's up with Colts fans that are all up in arms this week? I heard about one fan who was turning in his custom Colts license plates. I mean, really? 14-1 and you are turning in your plates? Wow.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Re: Colts fans: what's the deal?

I think that they Colts fans are over reacting a little bit, I mean sure they had to know that the starters would be rested. However, I think that the Colts administration pulled the trigger a little too early, IMO. Sure if Manning was getting sacked or knocked down continuously pull him. That was not the case if anything use that time to get the other WR's game time with Manning, I could see Reggie Wayne getting injured before Manning does. I just think that a game and a half is too much rest for players, 1 game ok it still gives them 2 weeks rest...
Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
53Fan
Franchise Player

I wish we had that problem.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
FRPLG
MVP

I think it's one thing to come into the 15th game of the season coasting and lay an egg for a half then pull the starters down by 10 points. It's a whole other deal to be leading in the 3rd quarter by 5 and simply stop trying.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
rbanerjee23
The Starter

I would love to be bitching about our first loss in week 16 lol

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
I would love to be bitching about our first loss in week 16 lol
I would love to be bitching about it in week 3.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

The Colts have had a bad history of resting too much and losing first round, maybe the fans wanted a perfect season and a superbowl.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
The Colts have had a bad history of resting too much and losing first round, maybe the fans wanted a perfect season and a superbowl.
I thought back to prior years where the Colts rested starters and lost their edge going into the playoffs. They barely beat New England in October, but after the wakeup call that the Saints gave the Patriots, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Pats went into Indy and beat them by double digits.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerohero View Post
they always look liks dog s every time they rest their starters and end up losing, the year they won the superbowl they had to win to make it in, i think it is dumb to "rest" your starters, what about staying in "football shape", and what about staying in a rythm. they don't look all that great right now and i think they will get knocked out in their first game, or whenever they play the team from the whales vaginia cause they are gonna win the super bowl this year

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
Hezekiah
Camp Scrub

I live in Colt country and every fan I've spoken to is fine w/ the decision to pull Peyton. I guess when you're is good as they are you have to find reasons to get upset, wish I knew what that felt like.
Hezekiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

i honestly don't blame the colts fans. The problem with us is that we are so used to being bad, we've forgotten what its like to be good -- or great. the colts are a great team. why be satisfied with being great when being "all-time great" is within your grasp? peyton manning won't keep playing forever. the colts have maybe 3-4 years before manning really starts to decline. when he's gone, the colts will be nothing special, just like they werent anything special before he got there. its very very very short-sighted for polian to not allow the team to push for something historic. the colts have already won a superbowl under manning. sure, they could win another. but in 20 years, who'd care? now if they went 19-0... that'd be something that would last a long long time.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm kinda surprised/confused at all the outrage this week coming from Colts fans over the fact they pulled their starters last week. It's not like this should have come as any sort of shocker, this has been their MO for years now and I thought they made it pretty clear prior to last week that 16-0 was not a high priority for them.

So what's up with Colts fans that are all up in arms this week? I heard about one fan who was turning in his custom Colts license plates. I mean, really? 14-1 and you are turning in your plates? Wow.
I've wondered the same. I chalk it up to Sigmund Freud's concept of "Patriot envy."
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

14-1 lol
Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Try having 2 winning seasons in 10 years...
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #15
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Colts fans are aholes IMO. I can't remember which game I watched but a player on the opposing team (Colts at home) was injured on field, causing a delay, and the fans booed constantly...and then continued booing when the dude finally got helped off the field. Assholes...