Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Pacman Reinstated

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
BugelDisciple
Camp Scrub

Pacman Reinstated

Terrible news, this jerk deserves to be in jail.

ESPN - Cowboys told Pacman will be reinstated for opener - NFL
BugelDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Re: Pacman Reinstated

This doesn't concern me, this clown isn't anywhere near an "elite" db. He's an above average punt returner who know one would even care about it if he didn't make headlines off the field.

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
This doesn't concern me, this clown isn't anywhere near an "elite" db. He's an above average punt returner who know one would even care about it if he didn't make headlines off the field.

Sorry but Im going to have to disagree... Id say hes pretty damn close to being an elite corner and easily a top five returner...

Thug or not. The cowboys got a steal with him. As a Skins fan I can only hope he blows his chance on a strippers face and get suspended again...or he ruins team chemistry. Because on the field the guy can flat out play
Old 08-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #4
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
Sorry but Im going to have to disagree... Id say hes pretty damn close to being an elite corner and easily a top five returner...

Thug or not. The cowboys got a steal with him. As a Skins fan I can only hope he blows his chance on a strippers face and get suspended again...or he ruins team chemistry. Because on the field the guy can flat out play
I will second this opinion. Before he was suspended he was just starting to step his game up & live up to his draft status. I remember that draft, I was hoping we picked him. He was gone by our pick & we got Rogers.

He might not be a "shut down corner" but in reality there's only a couple of them. I think w/him & the rookie from S. Fla they could be really tough. Their front 7 has had the talent for a while, they just haven't put it together. I hate to say it, but dallas may end up w/the best D in the league, especiallly if Pacman, Anthony spencer & Z. Thomas can give them something.

Somebody get down there & send him some enticing strippers, the rest will take care of itself. Maybe he'll take one of his boys down w/him.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I will second this opinion. Before he was suspended he was just starting to step his game up & live up to his draft status. I remember that draft, I was hoping we picked him. He was gone by our pick & we got Rogers.

He might not be a "shut down corner" but in reality there's only a couple of them. I think w/him & the rookie from S. Fla they could be really tough. Their front 7 has had the talent for a while, they just haven't put it together. I hate to say it, but dallas may end up w/the best D in the league, especially if Pacman, Anthony spencer & Z. Thomas can give them something.

Somebody get down there & send him some enticing strippers, the rest will take care of itself. Maybe he'll take one of his boys down w/him.
Great post man really good points totally agree, the fact is that in paper the defense looks impressive and we did got a steel with Pacman if he stays out of trouble we finally have technically a great secondary but it all'comes down to the system and if the players play well together.

Right now we have individually a great defense but this is a team sport and to be a great defense they need to play like a team and we wont know that until the season starts.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
hesscl34

Quote:
As a Skins fan I can only hope he blows his chance on a strippers face and get suspended again...or he ruins team chemistry.
....errrr.... cringe....
hesscl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I don't care how he plays ,this is a dark day for the NFL and the commis should be fired!Pac man is scum!
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
hagams
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I don't care how he plays ,this is a dark day for the NFL and the commis should be fired!Pac man is scum!
I don't think he has much room for error here. Hopefully this guy has changed his life, and not just for the NFL. If he gets pulled for a busted tail light, dude is probably going to be gone. But, I don't think this is the last Pacman thread we'll see.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I agree. He is a few months from being in top form but when he is on his game he is one of the best pure cover corners in the game.

With T.Newman, Dallas has a great CB tandem. I my opinion, Only Denver and GB have better starting corners.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:

I agree, Pacman is a young and talented football player. He is a diffrence maker at a position (CB)that is very important. This move by itself is significant, when you add in all the other shrewd moves, like Tank Johnson and thier drafts, the Cowboys defense on paper is the most talented in the NFC. Of course as we Redskins fans learned the hard way during Snyder's crazy spending sprees in the early 2000's, talent on paper does not always translate on the field.
Their defense just took a big step with the addition of Pacman, he is that good. It gives your defense so much more room to blitz and overload the line of scrimmage when you can cover man to man well. Ask Greg Williams.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #11
GMScud
Swearinger

Found this on PFT:

TROUBLE PREDICTED FOR PACMAN

Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2008, 3:06 p.m.

Though Cowboys cornerback Pacman Jones has stayed out of trouble long enough to secure full reinstatement to the NFL, one league source with knowledge of the situation in Dallas has expressed to us an opinion that Pacman is on the path to more problems.

“My money is Pacman gets in trouble by Week Six,” the source opined, explaining that Pacman has been going out to clubs and “acting like a fool” during the past few weeks.

The challenge for the Cowboys will be to protect Pacman from himself for as long as Pacman is on the team. To date, the Cowboys have been generally successful in this regard; they’re still the only team in the NFL that hasn’t had an incident involving the long arm of the law since we started tracking arrests on a daily basis.

Then again, maybe they’re due.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

I lived just outside of Dallas for 10 years. It is the type of area where gangsters are glorified. I'm not sure Jones will be able to resist the temptation in that city.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
DarkKnight
Special Teams

[QUOTE=BugelDisciple;468564]Terrible news, this jerk deserves to be in jail.

He dont deserve to be in jail unless you actually commit a serious crime..... he did his time let him play......he might actually turn it around.......what do you care there no money out your pocket?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #14
That Guy
Living Legend

[quote=DarkKnight;468572]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugelDisciple View Post
Terrible news, this jerk deserves to be in jail.

He dont deserve to be in jail unless you actually commit a serious crime..... he did his time let him play......he might actually turn it around.......what do you care there no money out your pocket?
so leaving a man doing his job permenantly paralyzed is only worth a 4 game suspension?

being a thug and hanging out with drug dealers is okay by you?

sorry, but we're going to have to disagree on this one.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #15
sandtrapjack
The Starter

[quote=That Guy;469053]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post

so leaving a man doing his job permenantly paralyzed is only worth a 4 game suspension?

being a thug and hanging out with drug dealers is okay by you?

sorry, but we're going to have to disagree on this one.
So based on your post here, are we to assume that he should be permanently banned?

With that in mind are you saying that if one gets three moving violation trafficc tickets, they should loose thier drives license for life? There are no second chances in your world are there?

And would it have been fair and just had the NFL suspended Sean Taylor when he got into his legal troubles in Florida and couple years ago?

I do not condone the associations and affiliations of Jones's past, what matters is what he is doing today, and tomorrow.

A wise man once said "A catipillar is an ugly thing, but he will change".
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote