Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2012 53 man Roster predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
SkinItup
Special Teams

2012 53 man Roster predictions

One pre-season game over, 3 to go.

I know it is early but what are people's roster predictions? Rich Tandler did his before training camp practically.

QB: RG3, Grossman, Cousins

RB: Hightower, Royster, Helu, Morris

WR: Garcion, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss, Robinson, and Briscoe,

T: Williams, Compton, Polumbus, Hurt

G: Chester, Kory, LeRebius, Gettis

C: Montgomery

TE: Cooley, Davis, Paul

FB: Young

DE: Jenkins, Bowman, Carriker, Scott

DT: Cofield, Nelid, and Baker

OLB: Rak, Kerrigan, Wilson, White

ILB: Father time, Riley, one man gang, Robinson

CB: Hall, Wilson, Crawford, Griffin, Barnes

S: Merriweather, Williams, Jackson, Gomes

LS: Sundberg

K: Rackers

P Rocca

I wish someone else on the roster could be the long snapper to free up an extra spot. I think we will keep 9 line men this year just because we have been so plagued with injuries. Also, I'm sure we are bringing in alot of these vets for our emergency backup list.
SkinItup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
RGIII

Re: 2012 53 man Roster predictions

Bernstein over Madieu, Paulsen over Paul, and Golston over Scott for sure.

Last edited by RGIII; 08-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Bernstein over Madieu, Paulsen over Paul, and Golston over Scott for sure.
I'm not sure that I agree. Word is that Madieu has been killing it in camp. And Paul is going to be our Hernandez despite his drops the other day.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Helu ahead of Royster.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think cousins over rex in a big surprise.

Helu starts

Garcon, hank, moss, morgan

Davis, CC
Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
SkinItup
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think cousins over rex in a big surprise.

Helu starts

Garcon, hank, moss, morgan

Davis, CC
Not really meant to be a depth chart. Just the order that they came to mind.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #7
backrow
The Starter

To me, it's not so much the Roster, because we root for the B&G, it's whether we were able to fully address our biggest problems during the off-season. Anyone else thinking about that 36 million sallary cap hit and how that has and will continue to affect our efforts to improve? Anyone else notice the numbers of OL the FO has and will continue to bring in? Yeah, I see the two biggest elephants in the room! BA and MS are doing everything they can do with their hands tied behind their backs, but we are in an up-hill climb that going to take a couple of years.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
That Guy
Living Legend

they'll keep 9 lbs, not 8. w/ special teams and all that's not enough. they'd probably also go w/ 3 rbs and a 4th/5th ont he practice squad unless hightower looks like a problem OR they'll just go with 5 WRs this year.

and i'd think royster would start. helu is faster, but he doesn't break a lot of tackles.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
SkinItup
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
they'll keep 9 lbs, not 8. w/ special teams and all that's not enough. they'd probably also go w/ 3 rbs and a 4th/5th ont he practice squad unless hightower looks like a problem OR they'll just go with 5 WRs this year.

and i'd think royster would start. helu is faster, but he doesn't break a lot of tackles.
I think they kept 8 WR (inc banks) last year so cutting down to 6 is already a big cut.

I think they keep Morris because he has looked good and several teams need rb (Oakland, Lions, Packers) so he won't clear waivers for PS.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinItup View Post
I think they kept 8 WR (inc banks) last year so cutting down to 6 is already a big cut.

I think they keep Morris because he has looked good and several teams need rb (Oakland, Lions, Packers) so he won't clear waivers for PS.
i believe the number was 7 and we only did that because we only kept 2 QBs. I just dont think it's likely that they start the season without 9 lbs on the roster, and that spot needs to come from somewhere.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

QB: RG3, Grossman, Cousins

RB: Hightower, Royster, Helu, Morris

WR: Garcion, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss, Robinson, and Briscoe,

T: Williams, Compton, Polumbus, Hurt

G: Chester, Kory, LeRebius, Gettis

C: Montgomery

TE: Cooley, Davis, Paul

FB: Young

DE: Jenkins, Bowen, Carriker, Scott

DT: Cofield, Nelid, and Baker

OLB: Rak, Kerrigan, Wilson, White

ILB: Fletcher, Riley, one man gang, Robinson

CB: Hall, Wilson, Crawford, Griffin, Barnes

S: Merriweather, Williams, Jackson, Gomes

LS: Sundberg

K: Rackers

P Rocca

So looking over the original prediction list I bolded all my bubble guys.

Rackers over Gano? I'm saying Gano wins that.

Jackson is no lock at safety, but I think he makes it. Bernstein, well I'm not so high on him. I didn't hear or see him last game. I have him OUT right now and Gomes making it barely.

Cedric Griffin and Kevin Barnes are no locks, and you have the David Jones and Brandyn Thompson guys who look good. I'll say Cedric Griffin and Thompson make it over Barnes.

Markus White over Rob Jackson? I got to say experience beats out youth in this one. Jackson MAKES the roster.

Neild could be cut and an addition LB or CB could make the team over a 3rd NT. And believe me, Neild could definitely be cut, then sent to the practice squad.

I have Golston OVER Scott, but that can change over the next few weeks.

Cooley is no lock to make the roster. Nor is this Paul Project we've got right now. I say Cooley is cut, and brought back later in the year, because Paulsen can play, block better than Cooley and is younger.

I don't think Hurt makes the team. I think he gets sent to the practice squad.

Briscoe didn't do anything last game and may not make the roster, but I have him MAKING THE TEAM based solely on what he is capable of doing and what he did last year. Robinson? I don't see anything to him, I've heard mixed things about him. I think he doesn't make the team and someone else fills that slot (Bernstein? Markus White? Neild?)

Alfred Morris looked like a decent back from the other night, but he may not make the team if he fumbles the next couple of games, which is a huge possibility since that was his main Achilles heal in college. If he does good his next couple of preseason games like he did the other night, then we'll be forced to keep him or keep him and cut Timmy Hightower.

Rex. Rex MAKES the team only because of his experience in the offense. But next season...hell even midway through this season, that spot will be available.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
los panda
Pro Bowl

i asked my prayer circle to pray that cooley makes the team and has a great season
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #13
SkinItup
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So looking over the original prediction list I bolded all my bubble guys.

Rackers over Gano? I'm saying Gano wins that.

Jackson is no lock at safety, but I think he makes it. Bernstein, well I'm not so high on him. I didn't hear or see him last game. I have him OUT right now and Gomes making it barely.

Cedric Griffin and Kevin Barnes are no locks, and you have the David Jones and Brandyn Thompson guys who look good. I'll say Cedric Griffin and Thompson make it over Barnes.

Markus White over Rob Jackson? I got to say experience beats out youth in this one. Jackson MAKES the roster.

Neild could be cut and an addition LB or CB could make the team over a 3rd NT. And believe me, Neild could definitely be cut, then sent to the practice squad.

I have Golston OVER Scott, but that can change over the next few weeks.

Cooley is no lock to make the roster. Nor is this Paul Project we've got right now. I say Cooley is cut, and brought back later in the year, because Paulsen can play, block better than Cooley and is younger.

I don't think Hurt makes the team. I think he gets sent to the practice squad.

Briscoe didn't do anything last game and may not make the roster, but I have him MAKING THE TEAM based solely on what he is capable of doing and what he did last year. Robinson? I don't see anything to him, I've heard mixed things about him. I think he doesn't make the team and someone else fills that slot (Bernstein? Markus White? Neild?)

Alfred Morris looked like a decent back from the other night, but he may not make the team if he fumbles the next couple of games, which is a huge possibility since that was his main Achilles heal in college. If he does good his next couple of preseason games like he did the other night, then we'll be forced to keep him or keep him and cut Timmy Hightower.

Rex. Rex MAKES the team only because of his experience in the offense. But next season...hell even midway through this season, that spot will be available.

Nelid I'm pretty sure suited up for more than 8 games which means he can't be on the practice squad. That's WHy i think they keep both. Baker has also been taking snaps at d-end.

Rob Jackson can certainly make the team over white or wilson. 2 of the three are making the team though. I think they are all decent but none especially more so than others.

I think Morris will show enough to have to earn a spot. If we have to cut Hightower so be it, but no one else on the team is as well rounded so I think they will keep 4.

Robinson made a couple catches and has return skills, I pretty much just kept him to replace banks though crawford looked capable of doing that too.

Cooley will not be cut. He is still a capable blocker and the back up FB.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #14
Meks
Pro Bowl

Nield is a beast. No way he doesn't make the rotation. ^^^
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Nield is a beast. No way he doesn't make the rotation. ^^^
With a hurt knee, a great NT in Baker and Cofield the starter, and needs for OL depth, pass rushers, and secondary and promising rookies at crowded positions (RB-Morris) its very likely that he could miss the squad this year and be either IR'ed, if he's hurt, or PS'ed, should no one claim him.